how to put placeholder images for actors

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by srazysnake, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. srazysnake

srazysnake Villager Member

First Language:
    Korean
    using rpg maker mv, I have allies to change depending on choices I make.

for that, I want my event-images to automatically change accordingly.

for example, I have a mage at a bar- and he or she will change to paladin if I choose to not kill the orc leader.

so, I want my mage-event image to turn into the paladin character automatically if I do that.

I don't want to create separate event with same texts but just the different event-image of a paladin.

I can make 'change actor image' event + 'yep message core' to change the actor face-images accordingly-

however... I still cannot change the image of the event before joining itself.

is there a way to make the images change according to the change of actors' image?

is there a plugin where it lets you use placeholder images for it to be turned into actors accordingly?

is there way to put the actual actors, not event images posing as actors besides the main one?

help~ :o

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Personally, I would use seperate pages in the same event. Write the dialogue in the first page, with the mage image. Then copy the page, but change it to the palladin image. Then you can set each to have a different switch for the condition. For example, page 1 could have a condition switch of "Use Mage" and the page 2 could have a condition switch of "Use Palladin". Then at the end of whatever even controlling the orc killing, you can turn on the appropriate switch, depending on the outcome.

3. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    @mlogan

What I don't like about that is this:

mage: Hello, lovely day isn't it? I would like to join you!

paladin: Hello, lovely day isn't it? I would like to join you!

same text.... but just because I cannot change the image- I have to create 2 separate pages with exact same text.;;;;

I found placeholder face-images for texts, so why can't there be placeholder images for an event itself- is my woe. :stare:

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @srazysnake

You can trick the engine a bit, but it is limited in the numbers.

There are messaging plugins out there that can change options and faces depending on actor ID (they give text codes, and one of them is a text code "use face of actor XY" instead of the fixed face).

If you install one of them, you can make an actor in the database as a placeholder for that NPC, and even use the other text codes like display class or so. That can be used even if the NPC is not intended to join the party.

Then you only have one text/event page per NPC and get the data from the actor database. The only thing not affected by this would be the event sprite, that would still have to be changed by other ways.

5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How is this:

[​IMG]   [​IMG]

more complicated than using plugins to switch everything out?

I mean, do what you want, but personally I would go this route as it's much more simple than using a bunch of plugins to switch images.

6. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    @Andar

hence the search for means/plugins for the event sprite placeholder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016