Santana

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi-hi.

I'm having this issue trying to continue the game I started long time ago. It's been a long time learning new things with other projects, and now I find that my backup its not exactly the complete folder but a demo I did for a friend to test it.

I heard somewhere, I think in some video on Youtube, that you can recover the game from these files, but I don't know how, and everything I try just doesn't work. Anyone knows how?

These are the files I have:

Thank you!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's basically asking "how to hack a game" which is not exactly appropriate. AFAIK, the only thing you can get this done is to ask staff to hack your game for you.

Santana

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's basically asking "how to hack a game" which is not exactly appropriate. AFAIK, the only thing you can get this done is to ask staff to hack your game for you.
Sad to know that, I thought there would be a "legal" way to recover my game since it's not a proper encrypted demo :(
I replayed the whole demo again, about two hours of complex maps and switches... I feel so frustated by thinking of trying to rebuild the game from the scratch. But I guess I'll have to do that...

Thank you, mate.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's your game it's not illegal to reverse engineer it. That is not the issue here.

Does your demo contain all the data from your completed game? If the demo only contains part of the files from the completed game then there's nothing much you can do.

Santana

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's your game it's not illegal to reverse engineer it. That is not the issue here.

Does your demo contain all the data from your completed game? If the demo only contains part of the files from the completed game then there's nothing much you can do.
I can see in the folders a lot of music that is not used in the demo but intended to be used in the following chapters, so I'm pretty sure it contains all the data, also I remember back in those times having a lot of troubles when doing demos just "with the used files". Usually I pack my demos with everything in it.

How can I ask to "reverse engineer it"? To whom?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically you have to send your demo to one of Degica's people with some proof that it is your work, then they can remove the encryption for you. They just can't post how it is done because that would invalidate the encryption for everyone.

So it needs to be done by private message, and either @Touchfuzzy or @Archeia would probably be the best to contact.

Santana

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically you have to send your demo to one of Degica's people with some proof that it is your work, then they can remove the encryption for you. They just can't post how it is done because that would invalidate the encryption for everyone.

So it needs to be done by private message, and either @Touchfuzzy or @Archeia would probably be the best to contact.
Alrighty! I'm going to send a message to one of them now. I can't wait to recover the game and apply the things I learned these years.

Thank you very much, both of you ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowReaper2567