How to "refresh" an Autorun event?

AngusBeef

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Basically, I have this button that triggers a common event which then brings up dialog that changes depending what map you're on. Obviously I don't want to include a conditional for every single map in the game so I just have the common event trigger a switch, which then activates an Autorun event on the map containing the dialog. After the dialog is over the switch is turned back off.
Works great, the first time anyway. If you try to use it again, the common event itself works fine but the Autorun event doesn't run for some reason... I assume it's the Autorun event deciding it's already over or something, so how do I refresh it to make it run like the first time again?

EDIT: The Common Event I was using was a normal event first and then I copied it over... And I left "Erase Event" at the bottom from when it was still a normal event... I'm surprised I remembered how to tie my shoes this morning honestly

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show us screenshots of the events and we can tell you what you did wrong.
but no one can help without seeing what you have done.

GBJackson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is your autorun a "do once" event where it has a blank event page if self switch A is on? If so, in order to make it repeatable, instead of turning Self Switch A on, use the Erase Event command. That will stop it like the empty second page does, but it will reset itself when you leave and come back

Another thing you can do is make it a parallel event instead of an autorun.

Use labels and Jump To labels within it to trap it in a specific state while the switch that governs it is on, and in another state when it is off. Like So:

Code:
Label Idle
  If SwitchName is on
    Jump to Label Active
  else Jump to Label Idle
Label Active
  // All the instructions tht need to happen when the switch is on
  Control Switch SwitchName Off
  Jump To Label Idle

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Make a Game in RMMZ Streams are going to remain in hiatus this week. Too much to do! 4 things will be announced on Monday though! Look forward to that.
Typed a long-ish reply to a post... forgot to actually HIT the post button, and moved to a different page.... finally noticed, don't remember what all I had typed and don't feel like trying to re-type it all.... smh....
Their tactics are evolving. They've learned to call for help when cornered. Never trust a mammal!
Good morning all. I still have a post up on video editing for cinematic trailers. Please make sure to check that out and give me a message as its still active in offers.
Hey everyone! I'm back :D

Snow White? More like Snowhere to be seen amiright? Hahaha I'm so sorry!! :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LioTheLion