VeeSheeb

just a lil critter
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i'm not using the Magic Defense parameter in my game, and so far i've been successful in removing it from the regular status screen ("successful" albeit sloppy bc i can't code to save my life, but it displays as intended), but i can't seem to figure out how to remove it from other screens and windows that show all the actor parameters

any help?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically you need to reprogram each screen indiviually.
that means you first have to decide which screen to remove something from, then go to the part of the script editor where that specific screen is handled and then modify the lines in that script.

so no one can help unless you specify where you want to have it removed from, because we don't know what you already modified.

VeeSheeb

just a lil critter
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is how i modified the "Window_Status" scripting (as i said, not a programmer, so it's probably FAAAR far from efficient)

the programming gods will spit on my grave.png
and here is how the status menu turned out
petland status screen.png
POW is ATK, MGC is MAT, etc, Magic Defense nowhere in sight as i want it
but i do believe the main two others i need to edit are the Equip menu and Yanfly's Class System script, which also has a list of parameters
i stumbled butt-backwards into doing it for the Status menu, and neither of those seem to be as simple (big surprise, i know /s)

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You would also need to remove MDEF from the battle script because it will use it there to make calculations. Yet, you can just hide it on the menu scripts as you have been doing it so far.

VeeSheeb

just a lil critter
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i kinda just gave up a lil while back and decided to keep Magic Defense in, calling it "Resistance"
thankfully i still haven't done a lot of balancing, so it's hardly the biggest deal lol

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xcarlet