DavidUchina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a beginner with RMMV and was wondering how can I remove the blur, I am looking for an option to work for font's as well. Thanks in advance.

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi David! I was asking this same question several years ago, and the only answer ultimately is to bypass the blur on fonts - it can't be removed.

To get rid of font blur, you have to use the Victor Engine SFont plugin: https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/sfont/

This uses an image instead of a font file, and bypasses RPG Maker MV's horrible hard-coded aliasing. Essentially, it will replace your fonts with SFonts, and while it takes a bit of time to set up and create the required files, it will remove all of the blur. This is, as far as I know, the only way to remove the blurring effect.

If you're asking about the general blur that's applied to RPG Maker MV, you can also check out this thread here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/how-to-remove-blur.47504/

I used the excellent code that KisaiTenshi created to remove blur on the characters, tiles, etc.

Hope some of that helps =D

DavidUchina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CriticalGames, you are amazing, thanks a lot man, really saved me here!

Edit: Nvm, SFonts isn't working and KisaiTeshi's code doesnt work either.

Last edited:

DavidUchina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i might as well use RM2k3 lmao, idk why it isnt working lmao

EDIT: Ok, I had rpg maker mv 1.5.0 and it wouldnt work, idk why lmao, but the issue was i forgot to update it, thanks a lot guys,

Galenmereth's extension works just fine​

Last edited:

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No worries DavidUchina! Happy to help =D I knew they worked because I use both of them myself and have done for years now haha.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements...
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.
If the world treats you like an enemy... Then the world must be your enemy...
What started as 1 RPG in development on the Nintendo DS, turned into 4 RPGs in development (1 on VX and 3 on VX Ace). Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen