How to remove gender lock on hairstyles?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ve tried looking but I can‘t find any info on it right now. Could I have some help?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't just "remove the lock" - the generator looks at physically different folders to get the image options for male/female/kid.

But you can go into the generator folder in your MZ directory and simply copy the hairstyles into the other directories (renaming them as necessary).

Note that the head shapes are different (the female heads taper more at the top), so it's possible that the hairs from the opposite sex won't look right without some editing.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
renaming them as necessary
@ThePerfectPotato
I just wanted to highlight that portion of what ATT_Turan said, in order to stress its importance. File names are very important for generator pieces, so make sure that you understand the naming convention before you start moving the files around. Look up a guide or something if you have to.

Also, just as a tip, for the new items that you're adding to the folder, it might be a good idea to start your part numbers really high. I think that would reduce the chances of a conflict in the event that you wind up purchasing an official generator DLC later on in the future. AFAIK, they have a tendency to number their parts starting from exactly where the base generator parts and previous DLCs end. So it's probably good to just leave those numbers available, and start your own numbers much higher.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't just "remove the lock" - the generator looks at physically different folders to get the image options for male/female/kid.

But you can go into the generator folder in your MZ directory and simply copy the hairstyles into the other directories (renaming them as necessary).

Note that the head shapes are different (the female heads taper more at the top), so it's possible that the hairs from the opposite sex won't look right without some editing.
Thanks! I‘ll keep that in mind!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Krow and Dova's Cool New Game | Release Trailer

Launch trailer!
Here is an work in progress (unfinished as of now) Music Album i'm making:

The songs are entirely made with this site:

Please tell me what you think about each song!
The game's already out there. Now what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ComfiCouch