How to: Remove "Options" item from Menu permanently?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by idillicah, Mar 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. idillicah

idillicah Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, guys!

So, I'm making a horror game and I don't want the "Options" item. I just want to have them be able to save, load and exit. Another thing is that I'm using the minimap plugin which when its options are opened on an exported project, it crashes. I much prefer the minimap to the Options item on my game, so...

I've tried using plugins to do it but most focus on the menu seen during gameplay. I need to remove the Options item even from the Title Screen menu.

Is there a way to simply remove that line from the code without adding another plugin? Or, if I need a plugin, can you guys tell me which and help me implement it?

Thank you!

-Marcos.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You don't really want to go around removing lines of code from the core scripts - every time you get an update to MV and apply it to your game, you're going to have to remember where you messed around so you can do it again and again.

A plugin can simply be half a dozen lines of code that redefine that function. Doesn't have to be a big thing. But it saves you having to redo your edits with every update.

Save this into your plugins folder with a .js extension - call it whatever you like:

Code:
    Window_TitleCommand.prototype.makeCommandList = function() {
        this.addCommand(TextManager.newGame,   'newGame');
        this.addCommand(TextManager.continue_, 'continue', this.isContinueEnabled());
        // this.addCommand(TextManager.options,   'options');
    };

Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addOptionsCommand = function() {
    };

idillicah and caethyril like this.
  3. idillicah

idillicah Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much! That worked great for the Title Screen, but it didn't remove it from the in-game menu. I realized when playing around that it was due to me using Yanfly's Menu Manager for something else. I got everything to work now and Options does not display anywhere.

Thank you very, very much! And thank you for the quick reply as well! <3