how to remove semi-transparent box in the menu options?? (solved!!! thanks a lot!!!)

universum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i'm a complete newbie, and while customizing the window skin i realized there's this opaque square over the interactable options in the menu. how do i make that completely transparent? (image's brightness has been turned up a bit, the background pattern is gray and pitch black. the original's next to it) please help!!!
ps: sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, it's my first post here!

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • screes.jpg
    screes.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 11

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaohi: These background rectangles appear in all of RMMZ's selectable windows and their colours do not reference the window skin:
The selectable item background rectangles reference two colours from the ColorManager:
  • itemBackColor1 - upper gradient colour and rectangle border;
  • itemBackColor2 - lower gradient colour.
You can override these colours with a plugin that lets you configure the ColorManager, e.g. VisuStella Core Engine or my own Cae_MenuDisplayOpts~

Alternatively, you can put these methods in a .js file, edit the numbers, and import as a plugin:
JavaScript:
ColorManager.itemBackColor1 = function() {
    return "rgba(32, 32, 32, 0.5)";
};

ColorManager.itemBackColor2 = function() {
    return "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)";
};
If you want it totally transparent, try a value with 0 alpha, e.g. rgba(0,0,0,0).

universum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaohi: These background rectangles appear in all of RMMZ's selectable windows and their colours do not reference the window skin:
oh my gosh thank you so much!! i'll try right now!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.
Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.
Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
switchstone