Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin to reprogram the menu. you can request that in the plugin request forum

however before that can be done you should state what you want it replaced with - simply removing the skill type will remove skill access.
That is only fine if you have no skills outside battle - otherwise you need to state how you want the player to be able to access skills on the menu.

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin to reprogram the menu. you can request that in the plugin request forum

however before that can be done you should state what you want it replaced with - simply removing the skill type will remove skill access.
That is only fine if you have no skills outside battle - otherwise you need to state how you want the player to be able to access skills on the menu.
i see. it works littlebit uncomfortable
i need skills outside battle, but i dont want to classify every single skills as types, thats why.
maybe i have to search more ............ however thx!! love u

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but i dont want to classify every single skills as types
skill types are supposed to be used for sorting, and the way the engine is setup you can't access a skill without a skill type at all (attack and guard only work due to hardcoded overrides to skill #1 and #2, you can't even select skills in battle without selecting skill type first.

however if you have only a limited number of skills at all (perhaps a dozen or so), then you might get away with removing the skill types from the entire engine (which also needs a plugin)
just remember that no player wants to scroll through a list of a hundred skills to find the one needed.
sorting through five skill types with ten to twenty skills each is much easier than sorting through a long list.

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
skill types are supposed to be used for sorting, and the way the engine is setup you can't access a skill without a skill type at all (attack and guard only work due to hardcoded overrides to skill #1 and #2, you can't even select skills in battle without selecting skill type first.

however if you have only a limited number of skills at all (perhaps a dozen or so), then you might get away with removing the skill types from the entire engine (which also needs a plugin)
just remember that no player wants to scroll through a list of a hundred skills to find the one needed.
sorting through five skill types with ten to twenty skills each is much easier than sorting through a long list.
i guess what i want is auto skip system for skill type
so when i click skill->character-> automatically go to skill list, not the skill type

i will create only maximum of 10 skills for each characters, so its fine

then may i know what plugin do i need for it??
thx u

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to request one, I don't know of any that does this directly.

a command manager type plugin might be able to do this with a fixed skill list, but that would be a problem with up to 10 skills as those plugins have a different focus.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurisuchia7