C.W. Plainview

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so I've been wanting to remove the party command window from my project. Yanfly's Battle Engine Core has the ability to skip it, but some of us want it removed outright. I've tried finding plug-ins to no avail.

As I've discovered, thankfully, you don't need a plug-in. All you need to do is comment out two lines in rpg_scenes. The lines are:

2183: this.addWindow(this._partyCommandWindow);

^ Commenting this out removes the party command window. However, you can still cancel out of the actor command window, and since there is no more party command window, you'll be stuck unable to do anything. This leads us to the second line:

2192: this._actorCommandWindow.setHandler('cancel', this.selectPreviousCommand.bind(this));

^ Commenting this out will keep you in the actor command window, unable to go back.

I've tested it, and found no problems from these two simple changes. So if you are looking to remove the party command window, this is how you do it. Bear in mind you'll need to come up with a different way for your actors to escape from battle, since this removes the default option.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@C.W. Plainview This really doesn't have enough substance to be a tutorial, and it's also very bad advice to tell people to modify the base code. It should always be changed via plugins.

Spaceboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wonderful fix! Thank you very much! I'm really happy to use this.

Edit: The insertions did literally nothing. Less happy.

Last edited:

Spaceboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did find a plugin that worked! Then got my hand slapped for "necroposting". The one I used was from Zevia. Thank you for your help though!

Sketchward

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very helpful, thanks a lot for this!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl