How to remove Touch/Click Flash Tile Effect

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by sertianscompany, Nov 26, 2015.

1. sertianscompany

sertianscompany Villager Member

First Language:
    ESP EN
    Hello, I would like to develop a game for mobile in RPG Maker MV.

My question is: How to remove the flash effect that appears on the screen when I click/touch to move the character?

There should be a plugin or internal option to remove that effect, because it doesn't look right as it is now.
    Here is a picture of what I mean:

[​IMG]

flash touch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  2. orcomarcio

orcomarcio Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I'm looking for the same thing if I find a solution I'll write it here

3. orcomarcio

orcomarcio Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I think I found a solution for that.

in the "rpg_rpite.js" file there's the class called "Sprite_Destination" around row 2044 with all the methods called to create that effect.

This method in particular is responsible for creating the graphic of the effect:

Sprite_Destination.prototype.createBitmap = function() {    var tileWidth = $gameMap.tileWidth();    var tileHeight = $gameMap.tileHeight();    this.bitmap = new Bitmap(tileWidth, tileHeight);    this.bitmap.fillAll('white');    this.anchor.x = 0.5;    this.anchor.y = 0.5;    this.blendMode = Graphics.BLEND_ADD;};What I did is to recreate this method in my personal plugin file and comment/ remove all the stuff inside these brackets, this basically leaves the effect image blank and therefore it doesnt' show when the code try to print it.

Is not the most elegant way of doing it ad probably the best thing is find where the "Sprite_Destination" methods are called and rewrite those routines to revome the calls and therefore lighten up the code, but for now i think this solution is good enough and the input graphic code weight on performances is negligible.

Also I think is possible just to change the input graphic by putting changin a line in this method

//this.bitmap.fillAll('white'); // you dont' need this line anymore in this casethis.bitmap = [graphic you want to use];

Anyway, this is the modified method i put in the plugin i'm creating:

Sprite_Destination.prototype.createBitmap = function() {    // var tileWidth = $gameMap.tileWidth();    // var tileHeight = $gameMap.tileHeight();    // this.bitmap = new Bitmap(tileWidth, tileHeight);    // this.bitmap.fillAll('white');    // this.anchor.x = 0.5;    // this.anchor.y = 0.5;    // this.blendMode = Graphics.BLEND_ADD;};I just commented the lines just in case, but can just put this:

Sprite_Destination.prototype.createBitmap = function() {};Hope that's what you needed  :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    Kaemalux likes this.
  4. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Thanks a lot orcomarcio (italian too?)! ^_^
    I spent two days trying to find a solution, your edit works like a charm!

orcomarcio likes this.