How to remove unwanted <br> from objectives in Yanfly quest journal?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Azar, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Azar

Azar Glow Lord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was having trouble with Yanflay's quest journal, every time I Show Quest 1 Objective 2 this strange line of text shows up. I don't know how to get rid of it, any help with this? Much appreciated. - Azar
    BR Screenshot.png

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is actual text that you've put into the plugin. It looks like you had it all listed and viewable in a web page, then just did a copy & paste.

Take a look where you have the quest and objectives set up, and see if you can remove them yourself. If you can't, please show us a screenshot so we can see how you have it set up, and a link to the plugin.

Azar likes this.
  3. Azar

Azar Glow Lord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What version is your engine, and what version are your core files? The plugin indicates that it should only be run with 1.5.0 or above.

To get your core files version, you'll need to open the project folder, go into the js folder, and open up the rpg_core.js file. The version should be on the first couple of lines. If you don't see it, you probably have 1.0.0 or another very early one.

Is that screenshot with the Parameter info from MV? Are you using another program to set up the quests?

The issue is with the previous objective - the <br> belongs to the "Take the books from the shelf" task. Do you have a screenshot of THAT objective?

Azar likes this.
  5. TWings

TWings The Dragon Whisperer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The <br> tag is meant to be used with the Word Wrap option from YEP_MessageCore.
    If you don't use it, you should have a look at your plugin parameters (the Quest Data Window in particular) and remove the Word Wrap formating.

Azar and Shaz like this.
  6. Azar

Azar Glow Lord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The version of RPG Maker that I'm using is v1.5.2 the screenshot with the Parameter info is from RPG Maker MV, and no I'm not using any other programs to set up the quest menu.

This is a screenshot of my first objective - Objective 1.png

7. Azar

Azar Glow Lord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I thought that could be the case Because when I first used the plugin a <br> text would appear before every line, like this - all br.png
    , so I removed all the <br> text from the Quest Data WIndow. But I'm using the message core as well and it doesn't seem to make a difference

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Shaz didn't ask for the version number of the editor, he asked for the version number of the project's core files.
    You need to open the rpg_core.js file with a text editor, and it might be identical to the editor version, but often is NOT.
    Because unless you update your projects with each new editor version, that core file will have the version of when the project was created. And sometimes it will even keep the older version if you update your projects...

Azar likes this.
  9. TWings

TWings The Dragon Whisperer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I never used the Quest plugin myself and I don't use the Word Wraping option of Message Core,
    but my guess would be it's defintely related to those two (as you said you manage to get rid of some of it).
    Have you checked if you didn't miss a <br> (or <WordWrap> and the like) anywhere in the plugin parameters ?

Azar likes this.
  10. Azar

Azar Glow Lord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, I checked inside of my rpg_core.js with notepad and in the first couple of lines it says it's v1.5.2

11. Azar

Azar Glow Lord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm gonna check the Data Parameters immediately to see if there's any <br> or <WordWrap> I missed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  12. Azar

Azar Glow Lord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was finally able to remove the random <br> from my Quest menu, I found a <WordWrap> in my Data settings that I removed. Thank you all for your time and your help, Peace! :ehappy:

FiercestPixel likes this.