How to remove weapons and armors in Item menu screen?

thefilthymex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, recently I have started making a horror game which does not use weapons and armors and I would like to remove both these

tabs from the items menu.

Any help would be great, thanks!  :D

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look through the windows area of your scripts. Find the script that relates to the items window and put a # in front of the lines that draw those particular features. Then replace the x,y coordinates of the remaining features with new ones to reposition them where you'd like.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to script request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you still using category window for item and key item, insert this script

class Window_ItemCategory < Window_HorzCommand def col_max return 2 end def make_command_list add_command(Vocab::item, :item) add_command(Vocab::key_item, :key_item) end endif you want to completely remove category window, insert this script

class Scene_Item < Scene_ItemBase def create_category_window end def create_item_window wy = @help_window.y + @help_window.height wh = Graphics.height - wy @item_window = Window_ItemList.new(0, wy, Graphics.width, wh) @item_window.viewport = @viewport @item_window.help_window = @help_window @item_window.set_handler:)ok, method:)on_item_ok)) @item_window.set_handler:)cancel, method:)on_item_cancel)) @item_window.category = :item @item_window.activate @item_window.select(0) end def on_item_cancel return_scene end endI assume that you don't insert any item menu related script

8bitstarfox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Im using a parallel command that uses a conditional branch where if cancel is pressed it will open the item screen, ive gone into the windows script and put "//" before the weapons, armour and key items (because i only want items) and that worked and only items appeared but when i pressed cancel again to leave the item screen it closed the game, what do i do to make it just close the item screen?

Fragarachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mine works.

Go to Scripts tool
Find Windows_ItemCategory in Windows
Delete everything inside
Copy and paste this to Windows_ItemCategory

Items, Armor, Weapon tab removed, only Key items

I don't know how to change the name "Key Items".
Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Particle waterfall is best waterfall. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagune