How to request stuff the "better' way...

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had some person "commission" me, take the thing, then not pay me anything even after they took it because I "took too long". lol
I'm not at all saying this was your fault, it was absolutely unacceptable behavior from that person. However, you shouldn't allow the situation to happen - as bgillisp described above, it is standard business practice to not give the customer a usable end product until you've been paid (put a watermark on it, crop it, whatever).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Amazing advice! though I must admit it is a shame that stuff like this needs to be said.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
*applauds* I feel this in my bone marrow. Thankfully most people who've commissioned me have been mindful of Real Life™ being a thing. But they also have to contend with my probable-ADHD and constantly forgetting what I'm meant to be doing and when, and having absolute horse manure for a concept of the passage of time doesn't help either.

People who make resource requests on the understanding that they're the demand and not the supply are my favourite kinds of people. <3

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SkywardOblivion yeah, should be common sense really, shouldnt have had to write it down... Glad I did tho xD

@Trihan yeah, thankfully most ppl still know how to behave but the group who doesn't became a little to big in my experiences. Having to content with ADHD (or Any other disorder) is already taxing enough, last thing needed is someone being entitled on top of that.
Aslong as you are upfront about it the choice is theirs to either comission you with that in mind or to look for someone else but it doesn't change their position - they still are on the demand side of things xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haven't used this website in so long, hope everyone here have a good day! Lately I've been crafting a dnd world, so I haven't got the time to use RPG maker sadly enough.
New MZ Update! Subfolders for Assets, Search in Plugin Help, Map Layer Buttons | RPG Maker News #78

A little WIP I decided to drop for something coming in 10-12 hours!
9.PNG
I just did some math and... apparently what seemed to be a little fun gimmick turned out to be an 80+ actors project :kaoswt2:
Yay! the original character contest 3 pack is here!
Both MV and MZ looks very good, congratulation for both RMW and Tkool participant!
I definitely can add these characters to use for my game project.

Steam link

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlacierStangs