How to reset actor map position?

sorachan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a guard walking using custom route.

A map event happens then a switch is turned on, this guard would speak differently after this switch.

Once the switch is turned on, guard event will go to the second page, but the location of this guard is not resetted unless player go out of the map and come back in, his walk route is now messed up.

I tried to tranfer player somewhere in this map, but this does not reset guard position.

How can I fix this? Thanks

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you transfer the event back to where it was before turning to the second page?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
either use the event command "set event location" to teleport the event there, or install a pathfinding plugin and give the event a command to walk to that position with pathfinding commands.

in both cases you need a command and specify its destination

sorachan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
either use the event command "set event location" to teleport the event there, or install a pathfinding plugin and give the event a command to walk to that position with pathfinding commands.

in both cases you need a command and specify its destination
I tried set event location. Isn't this only activate if the player talk with the guard?

The guard is walking on this map, when the switch is on, he's still walking, but the event is now at page 2 so the route is resetted from the beginning, he now walks with messed up route. I don't think set event location solves the problem...

sorachan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Actually, now I think about it, I can use a conditonal branch on page 1...

Anyway, thanks for the help...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried set event location. Isn't this only activate if the player talk with the guard?
you need to place it at the exact sequence where you control the switch that changes the guard behaviour

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRADRIEN