stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want to change the graphic of the player for a scene and then make it go back to its original sprite.

The player can change the party formation, so the original sprite could be any of the heroes.

I think the only way to do this is using scripts, getting the leader sprite, but I can't figure it out...

Last edited:

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I did it!

I going to leave the script here, maybe it helps someone!:
Code:
$gamePlayer._characterName=$gameParty.leader()._characterName;
$gamePlayer._characterIndex =$gameParty.leader()._characterIndex;

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Another way is to have a blank event somewhere in that map, fade out, make your character be transparent using the event command Transparency ON, transfer the blank event if needed, change its graphic to the one you need, fade in.. You will now control this event as the"player" for the rest of the cutscene. After the cutscene, fade out, erase the event or blank out its graphic again, set Transparency to Off, and fade in

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aels