Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having a little trouble here. The first actor that joins the party has a common event attached to their basic attack that when they use it, it changes to something different. If another common event runs, this breaks down and what took one turn to change now takes three or four. Should i set the other events to paralel process? How can i do that without a trigger?

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you provide more details about what exactly happens and what is supposed to happen? Your description is quite vague.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can run as many Common Events during a turn as you want. Your eventing is wrong if it only runs one at a time.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
parallel processes don't work during battle. you can only call or attach common events, and their trigger should be set to none.
that said, most likely your logic is wrong somewhere because you should have no problem running multiple common events.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you provide more details about what exactly happens and what is supposed to happen? Your description is quite vague.
parallel processes don't work during battle. you can only call or attach common events, and their trigger should be set to none.
that said, most likely your logic is wrong somewhere because you should have no problem running multiple common events.
The common event that runs when they use their basic attack connects to a common event that changes a state by affecting a variable and reading conditinal branches. Then exiting event processing. The variable change is in each conditinal branch. I also am trying to have three states that when they're added or expire other common events run. The first is supposed to happen everytime they use one of their skills or commands. But when the three states are added that also run common events, this happens every third or fourth turn, instead of every turn

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oddball your vague descriptions don't help because they don't allow us to see your logic and your triggers.
please post screenshots of those events.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was clear. But i'll post screenshots to help
attack1.png attack_2.png Battle1.png Battle2.png

Battle3.png

EDIT: Aaaand i see a problem with the state. Reversing it so the state is added when it is removed instead didn't help though

here are my scripts

Scripts list.png

Last edited:

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was clear
You were not, otherwise we wouldn't have asked for more information. That said, you can improve the logic of your event making it easier to read (while still maintaining the same effect). The following image shows an event that works the same as yours, but is much shorter.

That said, when this event is called for the first time, since you put an "Exit event processing" in your branch for (variable == 0), nothing happens other than increasing your variable value. For the same reason, everything else is being delayed by 1 turn. If you want those changes to happen when the skill is used for the first time, you have to start checking from 0, changing 1 to 0, 2 to 1 and 3 to 2 in your conditional branches. In addition, you have to set the random value to be something between [0, 2] and not [1, 3]. With this your event will apply the desired change starting from the first time the skill is used.

NOTE: I used placeholder targets, states and variables, be sure to change them to be the ones you need.

Attachments

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok. The event did work perfectly before i added the states that ran common events

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your situation
  • 5 different states;
  • 3 common events;
  • 1 script.

What we can see
  • 1 state (we don't know which one because there is no name shown);
  • 3 common events (one of them is not completely visible either because the bottom part is cut);
  • an attack that adds one state (we have no way to know if it is the one in the other screenshot or not).
I think that you can see on your own that what we see and what your situation involves are two completely different things. How can we help you if the information you provided and the information required to understand your situation don't match?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

meet with Quon,
the goddess of Rakuen (circle mascot)
It turns out that if I set the collider to 0,0,0,0 before despawning an event.... QMovement will actually play nice with Galv Event Spawner! :LZSexcite:
So I cloned an event in MV today.
Just got two custom tracks for my game. Things are shaping up nicely. :)
Remember, life is sh*t. But it will difinitely be less sh*t in the future! Stay happy everyone ^^ ...*continues to die inside*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__Andrea__