RMMV How to seperated character level and Class level?

derge12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
is there a way to seperate character level from class level?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are a few class system plugins for MV and MZ which allow for this.

Thefirelion

Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You will need a script/plugin for this, by default it's imposible.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to be clear...you're talking about how to physically do it in RPG Maker?

You posted in the game design forum, so that would imply you're asking conceptually, in which case I'd refer you to the many Final Fantasy games that use a job system (V, Tactics, FFT Advance/2, the MMOs, I think some of the earlier ones I didn't play) - those all have a differentiation between what level a character is and what level they are in their current class.

If you already know that and you're asking how to do it in MV, do a Google for job plugins; I know Yanfly has one, I'm sure other people must as well.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you already know that and you're asking how to do it in MV, do a Google for job plugins; I know Yanfly has one, I'm sure other people must as well.
I have looked for other plugins like Yanfly's, but all I ever ran into was a simple class change plugin, not one that really separated class and actor level.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh! Then maybe that's the only option.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You might want to describe how you are looking for this to function because there are different ways that games have handled this general idea.

As has been mentioned, there is the Job system from older Final Fantasy games. Old Dungeons & Dragons and Dragon Quest 3 used the Dual-class system where a character could mostly start over as a new class and then get the benefits of both when their new class levels up to where their old class level was when they switched. There's also the modern D&D multi-class system where you just choose what class you want to level up in each time a character gains a level. So you could be a 2nd level Fighter, 3rd level Rogue. Oh, yeah. Old D&D actually had two different systems. The other one allowed non-human races to start as two or three different classes but it took two to three times as long to level up because the XP was split between all of the classes they had.

These are all very different systems and we have no way of know which one of these is what you want or if you're looking for something else entirely. You should probably elaborate if you want more relevant and useful advice from the community.

derge12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You might want to describe how you are looking for this to function because there are different ways that games have handled this general idea.

As has been mentioned, there is the Job system from older Final Fantasy games. Old Dungeons & Dragons and Dragon Quest 3 used the Dual-class system where a character could mostly start over as a new class and then get the benefits of both when their new class levels up to where their old class level was when they switched. There's also the modern D&D multi-class system where you just choose what class you want to level up in each time a character gains a level. So you could be a 2nd level Fighter, 3rd level Rogue. Oh, yeah. Old D&D actually had two different systems. The other one allowed non-human races to start as two or three different classes but it took two to three times as long to level up because the XP was split between all of the classes they had.

These are all very different systems and we have no way of know which one of these is what you want or if you're looking for something else entirely. You should probably elaborate if you want more relevant and useful advice from the community.
The job system i'm trying to create is similar to Final fantasy 5.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Coolio. I'm only aware of Yanfly's Job system plugin that does this but I'm not sure if it's free any longer. Others might know of alternatives and you can search the plugin releases forum for "job system" and see if anything comes up.

Thefirelion

Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think that he/she is looking for a class character plugin like the scripts created by yanfly for vx ace and addons. seeing the plugins that yanfly has for MV they do not do what the ACE ones do.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Thefirelion
Oh, okay. Didn't realize that they were significantly different.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A good way to practice writing is to write "flash fiction"; very short stories. Link
[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels
If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsytrggfsdb