How to set a score to beat a mini-game?

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by maplekat, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maplekat

maplekat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    So I'm trying to create a part of the game where you have to beat a little mini-game to advance. I am using Galv's Invader Mini Game script, and I want to make it so that once you hit a score of 200 you can advance. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2016
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please provide a link to the script, preferably to the web description page in case it provides any descriptive details.  Without such a link, only those people who happen to have the actual script themselves can possibly answer.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Advance to what?

4. maplekat

maplekat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry, was being a bit vague. In this case, it would be to get a certain score to get a new party member. Thus advancing the game.

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Without access to the script (still no link) this can only be a suggestion.

I assume that the script records the score in some way.  You need to set a variable to that score (the script may do this automatically for you).  Then have a conditional which checks the variable.  If it is equal to, or greater than, 200 send them on their way.  If it is less than 200, tell them they have to try again, or whatever it is you have in mind.

6. maplekat

maplekat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh yes, again my apologies. Staying up through insomnia right now. https://galvs-scripts.com/category/rmvxa-scripts/scenessystems/#post-823

I'll test it out. Thanks!

7. maplekat

maplekat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you! Worked perfectly. Mods can close thread.

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @maplekat, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you have something to add and your own post is the last one, please edit it instead of adding a new post.

Additionally, please do not quote entire posts for simple answers, that makes the topic difficult to read - use the @ username function for that, exactly like I did in this post.

Lastly, next time please report a topic to be closed - we mods don't read every post everytime, and it is much better to close from reports.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.