How to show text without stopping player movement?

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Title^

This sounds really basic but I can't seem to find it! 

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You mean like in that message window? Do you need it for a cutscene, or to happen on the map?

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You mean like in that message window? Do you need it for a cutscene, or to happen on the map?
I would like to show text on the map itself and allow the player to move right away instead of having to click and close the message window.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You will need a plugin, and you'll also have to think of a way to close the text box, then. Whether it be time based or a different button press. You can post a request in JS Script requests, but there's no guarantee anyone will make it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpysquid