Cimmantti

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey everybody, I'm back with another question.
So, I'm using basically most of Yanfly's amazing plugins and have a question in just the main menu.
So, in battle, when selecting the skills command, it just shows usable skills immediately and you can pick whatever.
However, in the main menu, outside of battle, when selecting Skills, it takes you to a separate window where you have to select the type of skill, and THEN it shows the actual skills.
Is there a way to skip that middle screen with any of their plugins? Or just by adjusting something in game.
I just wanna click the Skills command in the main menu and then SEE a character's skills. I'm only using one category so i don't need the tiny four option window that usually says like "skills, magic, etc." I just wanna skip the middle man.
Please and thank you!

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think it's possible honestly. I thought about every possible way, and can't really find a worthwhile solution. You can try make a plugin request over at the js plugin requests board.

The only thing I can think of that kind of would make what you wish, in case you can't get anyone to make you a plugin like that, if you're dead set on this, you can try the folowing solution:

Using Yanfly's Map Select Skill (it costs 1 Dollar):

With this add-on to give it a Help window:

Along with Yanfly Main Menu Manager:

You could make a common event that would be called when selecting the skill command on the menu, in which depending on the character you choose from the menu, it will show their skills on the Map Select Skill. I'm sure it will require a bit of eventing/script calls to achieve it though.

There's a chance you may also need SRD'S Actor Select Screen in order to apply the effect of the skill:

If a solution like this is not a problem for you, I can try to work on the solution for you using this alternative. In theory it should work well, but I can't promise anything.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[MOVE]JS Plugin Requests[/MOVE]

Cimmantti

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I wasn't posting a request for a new plugin...but alright, if that seems to be the only way?
It seems like it would be simpler considering under the default game settings, selecting the skill command just goes to Skills.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaphat