Cimmantti

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey everybody, I'm back with another question.
So, I'm using basically most of Yanfly's amazing plugins and have a question in just the main menu.
So, in battle, when selecting the skills command, it just shows usable skills immediately and you can pick whatever.
However, in the main menu, outside of battle, when selecting Skills, it takes you to a separate window where you have to select the type of skill, and THEN it shows the actual skills.
Is there a way to skip that middle screen with any of their plugins? Or just by adjusting something in game.
I just wanna click the Skills command in the main menu and then SEE a character's skills. I'm only using one category so i don't need the tiny four option window that usually says like "skills, magic, etc." I just wanna skip the middle man.
Please and thank you!

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think it's possible honestly. I thought about every possible way, and can't really find a worthwhile solution. You can try make a plugin request over at the js plugin requests board.

The only thing I can think of that kind of would make what you wish, in case you can't get anyone to make you a plugin like that, if you're dead set on this, you can try the folowing solution:

Using Yanfly's Map Select Skill (it costs 1 Dollar):

With this add-on to give it a Help window:

Along with Yanfly Main Menu Manager:

You could make a common event that would be called when selecting the skill command on the menu, in which depending on the character you choose from the menu, it will show their skills on the Map Select Skill. I'm sure it will require a bit of eventing/script calls to achieve it though.

There's a chance you may also need SRD'S Actor Select Screen in order to apply the effect of the skill:

If a solution like this is not a problem for you, I can try to work on the solution for you using this alternative. In theory it should work well, but I can't promise anything.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[MOVE]JS Plugin Requests[/MOVE]

Cimmantti

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I wasn't posting a request for a new plugin...but alright, if that seems to be the only way?
It seems like it would be simpler considering under the default game settings, selecting the skill command just goes to Skills.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fess