jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The sprites I use for the companions/other actors in my game are big and overlap with each other when walking behind the main actor. Is there anyway to spread them out so the sprites don't overlap? To be more specific I mean when you're walking and your companions follow behind you, my companions sprites are big and overlap with each other when walking behind me, is there a way to spread out how far they walk behind you so they don't overlap like maybe have one empty tile between each character.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I can further elaborate if you don't understand.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you asking for Ace (based on this forum) or for MV(based on your profile)?

Ace - almost no chance because the graphics library is closed source and you simply have no access to the needed commands.

MV - difficult, but I think there is a plugin from tsukihime that might help if I remember correctly, but I don't have any link.

jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you asking for Ace (based on this forum) or for MV(based on your profile)?

Ace - almost no chance because the graphics library is closed source and you simply have no access to the needed commands.

MV - difficult, but I think there is a plugin from tsukihime that might help if I remember correctly, but I don't have any link.
It was for ace, if theres no chance then I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for your help!
(I'm working on multiple projects that why different engines.)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was for ace, if theres no chance
there is the MKXP project that works on creating an open source alternative to the original RGSS-player. If that is completed, then you'll have a chance to write a script that modifies grid handling.
that is why I said "almost" as it would depend on the current status of that replacement exe/player

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.
I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png
Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesmichelucci