GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am using RMXP and I need some advice on how to stitch my tilesets together, I found these the author permits both commercial and non commercial use as long as I give them a free copy of the game (and ofc credit common sense there), the tile sets did not come merged together and I need a way to stitch them to the map will use all the tiles I want on the map together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
XP allows 8 columns and an unlimited number of rows. Don't go stupid with it though - the bigger your tileset becomes (*cough* Fused Ultimate Exterior!) the more your game will lag. Only include the tiles you're going to need on THAT map, and create individual tilesets for each map, or each area, rather than trying to have a small number of them for the entire game.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wait I can add them to a single map without stitching?

TheMusicalCrowbar

Lord of Musical Crowbars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can only have 1 tileset in use for a single map. So, instead of one massive tileset, you can piece together only what you need for a certain map. Ex: Make one tileset full of trees for a "Forest Tileset" and one full of cave stuff for a "Cave Tileset" instead of a mass collection of tiles.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeandyteevee