UmbyPokochan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to make a skill that is 3 skills chained together that hit random targets using Yanfly Action Sequence. This is to avoid the fact that "3 random enemies" doesn't consider when an enemy dies from the 1st or 2nd attack. The 1st one calls a common event that forces the use of the 2nd skill which forces the use of the 3rd. The 2nd and 3rd skills are set up to do nothing if there are no more living enemies.

What I want is for the actor to not return to the home position between attacks so it feels like it's just one skill. What can I do to accomplish that? These are the action sequences for the three skills:

skill 1:
Code:
<target action>
motion thrust: user
motion wait: user
action animation: target
wait: 25
action effect: target
wait: 5
death break
wait: 20
</target action>

<follow up>
action common event
</follow up>
skill 2:
Code:
<target action>
if target.hp <= 0
wait:1
else
death break
end
</target action>

<follow up>
action common event
</follow up>
skill 3:
Code:
<target action>
if target.hp <= 0
wait:1
else
death break
end
</target action>

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a plugin that was quickly made for me that might help... it makes it so after any attack, the actor stays wherever the last attack put them... but that kinda comes with other issues. if you don't want that to happen, you'd need to know the point of origin for that actor and make sure after every sequence, they move back to that point with an action sequence. basically have the actor move on the first attack, then no movement on the second 2 except to hop back to their original point at the end of the 3rd skill...

Attachments

UmbyPokochan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a plugin that was quickly made for me that might help... it makes it so after any attack, the actor stays wherever the last attack put them... but that kinda comes with other issues. if you don't want that to happen, you'd need to know the point of origin for that actor and make sure after every sequence, they move back to that point with an action sequence. basically have the actor move on the first attack, then no movement on the second 2 except to hop back to their original point at the end of the 3rd skill...
Thanks! I'll give it a try. Do I have to add something to every skill that tells the actor to move to the home position specified in BattleEngineCore? (example: screenWidth - 16 - (maxSize + 2) * 32 + index * 32) And would that go in <target action> or <finish action>? (I'm not using <finish action> because I broke what I was trying to do when I fooled with it)

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah you'll have to add that to every skill in some for or another. at least every skill that isn't part of a chain. and you can do it in target action. it was working for me.

UmbyPokochan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was able to get it to work by putting "move user: backward, 36, 12" and then "face user: forward" in the 3rd skill and then removing "perform finish" from <finish action>. But now on the next turn when it's time to choose what that character is going to do, they suddenly shift forward - going farther and farther every turn.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you might have to use offset or some method of them jumping back slightly to so that doesn't happen. I forgot about that. I would have a character jump back about 100 pixels then do the next attack.

UmbyPokochan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it working perfectly by not using the plugin and instead just moving the common event to <finish action> instead. I only have "perform finish" in the 3rd skill so it just skips the walkback after the 1st and 2nd. Thank you so much for your help!!

EDIT: Ugh.. it's skipping the animation I put before a boss dies if the first or second hit kills it. Back to the drawing board I guess.

EDIT 2: Changed custom boss death animation from "show battle animation" to a common event that forces the boss to use a skill that does the animation. Works fine now.

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you figured it out! and heh I didn't do much lol, you seem to have figured it all out. but you actually give me an idea with that so maybe I won't have to use the plugin lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy