How to stop an event from respawning.

LordKenshin94

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hi all i'm kinda new to all of this. In a certain area I have a new character join my party but when I re-enter the area, the event reappears and the erase event command doesn't seem to fix it. What else should I do?

screenshot.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
erase event is intentionally only until the map is reloaded.
to make an event vanish completely you'll have to switch it to an event page that has no sprite and is above player.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What else should I do?
As Andar said, you have to use a condition that will make the event not come back. Erase event is a temporary condition as it will return when you re-enter the map.
Normally self switches are used. But you could use switches or variables but that means you use a condition that may actually be true at some point.
So always use self switches. Then set a new page for the event with no graphics and it can be above player or below, then you won't run into it later. Set self switch [A,B,C,D] on and when you run the event you use the self switch command to turn the switch you selected to on.
The event pages process from right to left. So the more restrictive pages should go on the right to prevent the other pages from running when you don't want them to.
So your event page one is that you want to happen and page two is blank with the self switch.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(^ in short)
just change "erase event" into "control switch" and add a new page with the switch as a condition,
and check the priority so the event isnt an invisible wall.
(priority should already be default to "below character" when there is no sprit selected)

use "self switch" when it controls the same event.
normal "switch" or "variable" when it can effect other events or it can become reset/changed by another event.

Last edited:

KaitlynKitty

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd recommend setting the condition to if the player has that character in their party, unless they're going to be removed from the party some time later.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Original Character Contest Winners Season 3 Pack! is now live!

I know it's a waste of time, but I decided to create a script that forces the RM2k game to always be in windowed mode. Just for fun anyway.
Rm2k.png
Coding some stuff. I just hope I'll be able to finish before school starts.
It's nice and breezy as well cool here, no AC needed! But keep you cozy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dannyraymilligan