How to stop / delete events after activating another event?

Yilou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!
There is an event that shows pop-up messages. How to stop it after activating another event? Any ideas?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what do you mean exacly?

if its an autorun event, use a selfswitch (A, B, C, D) and 2nd page selfswitch A, B, C, D ON
unless it has some multiple pages.

if you want to show it another time when the player enters the map, use "Erase Event"

if its a parallel event or action button, use selfswitches too.

but if you want it another way like a normal switch (which is also possible).

those are the very basic to stop events.

Yilou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ShadowDragon

Yes, it turned out to be very simple. Thank you!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One warning:
iyou should never chain events of a cutscene if that is the reason why you asked.

if you have a cutscene, it needs a single controlling event for everything - splitting the commands over different events will introduce timing errors. Even if the cutscene has multiple events or NPCs, they all need to be remotely controlled with only a single event containing commands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o
I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthNinjus