Not open for further replies.

kyklops

Mista's 4th Bullet
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm working on a game and I am trying to create a bar, I have a script set up so that the bartender walks around and interacts with other NPC's, the movement route for him will keep looping so that he keeps walking the same path the entire time that you're in the same room as the bartender, but there's an empty seat where you can greet the bartender to request a drink or food. The problem is though, that when you interact with the Bartender he will continue moving along his path instead of standing still and waiting for your dialogue/interaction with him to finish.
I've got 2 seperate events for this. One that is made to make him move and one which is the bartender himself, which allows you to talk with the bartender.
TL;DR (as it might get very confusing)
Bartender has looped movement route but won't stop moving upon player interaction with the bartender. How do I make him stop?
The movement route:
Help1.png Help2.png

The interaction with the Bartender himself:
Help3.pngHelp4.png
If anything else is needed I can post it in the comments. (Sorry if its very confusing)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the problem is that the parallal process will continue to give move commands, overriding the interaction on the barkeeper event.
you either need to stop that parallel event when the player talks to the barkeeper, or to use autonomous movement instead of set move route for that movement.

both versions will require an extensive rework of what you do, and I don't have time to describe that for you.

kyklops

Mista's 4th Bullet
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you again Andar, (i had a message here before this but it was incorrect so i fixed the script and rewrote the message) since your comment made me see a simpler method to fixing this problem, which is adding a Switch.
For others experiencing the same problem i had here's what to do:
Create a Switch
Put that Switch under the items after you've received them from the bartender (also under NO so it doesn't keep looping)
In the Processor, put on the very top of the event page (Name of your switch) = OFF so it will turn back to off next time you talk with him so he doesn't have this same problem again after you've talked to him.
Put an IF command with the Else option enabled at the point where your bartender or person can interact with the player. (The IF command has to demand for the Switch to be ON)
Put a label above the IF command
In the IF command put the rest of the movement route so that he shall move after the switch is turned on.
under Else put "Jump to Label" with the Label Name you put above the IF Command, if that's confusing i'll upload the screenshots of what I did in a second.
Thanks.pngThanks1.pngThanks2.png

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anrirck