ChaosEmperor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese/BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way in the editor, with or without a plugin, to "tag an enemy with a tag and then apply effects or damage formulas based on it? For example, i have a greatsword, the "Dragon Killer", that i want to cause extra damage on enemies with the "Dragon" type tag or something. If this is possible with a state, even better cause i want the sword to teach a passive skill with this effect so the player can use the effect without needing to equip the sword after "learning" the passive skill, also making the passive WITH the sword equiped dealing high damage to the specific enemy type.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A passive state (VisuStella Skills and States Core) would definitely be the way to go. Have the state on the sword to begin with, then put the same state on the skill version that the actors can learn.

Then make another state that you put on all of your dragon enemies, and using the JS Pre-Damage as Target from the VisuStella Battle Core, you should be able to say "if the attacker has the dragon killer state, do this to the damage I'm about to receive."

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
plugin method only required if you want the weapon to effect all skills (never liked that concept because i always separate weaponskills, martialskills, magicskills)

if only want it to apply to weapon skills you just need to make an element type for each species and have the species weak to that type.
dragon killer greatsword would have traits for attack element physical and attack element dragon.
the dragon would have element rate dragon >100% to make them weak to dragon element.
and then weaponskills would all have element type: normal attack. in this case would end up being physical/dragon element from the weapon's traits

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
plugin method only required if you want the weapon to effect all skills (never liked that concept because i always separate weaponskills, martialskills, magicskills)
This is definitely an alternate method (although once the character learns the skill on their own, I'm not sure exactly what "martialskills" means, but it sounds like something that should be affected by the character's personal skill).

The trick is if you use any other elements in your game. If you learn the dragon slayer skill and are using an ice sword that a fire dragon is also vulnerable to, they will not stack (unless you get back into using plugins to manipulate how elements are calculated).

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure exactly what "martialskills" means,
a martial skill would be an ability that doesn't involve weapon element but also doesnt fall into a magic category. like a monk using chakra or one inch punch. a fighter using provoke or second wind.
shield bash and tackle which would only have physical element not 'normal attack'. changing between normal stance, attacker stance, defender stance would also classify as martial skills.
steal would also be a martial skill since it only uses movement and an empty hand.
basically any ability that purely relies on having the ability to move or channel an emotion without using magic or weapons.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If my character had learned an innate dragon hunter skill, I would definitely expect it to apply to any of those that damaged an enemy (which most of them don't, so I'm not positive how they apply :wink: )

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If my character had learned an innate dragon hunter skill, I would definitely expect it to apply to any of those that damaged an enemy (which most of them don't, so I'm not positive how they apply :wink: )
an innate dragon killer trait that has nothing to do with specific weapon, ya would expect that to effect every skill used by that character. in which case would need a plugin.
but since were talking about a greatsword's trait it would only apply to skills that use that weapon for the attack. which doesnt need a plugin just a dragon element rate.

although i do agree in getting something that changes how multi elements get calculated.
a young green dragon and an adult metallic dragon(resistant to physical) shouldnt both take the same dmg from a physical/dragon weapon just because they are both weak to dragon killer.
not an absolute requirement by any means. many old games get away with this because of engine limitations. but it does add a little to the immersion when can see clear difference between
physical only vs physical/dragon vs dragon only.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
an innate dragon killer trait that has nothing to do with specific weapon, ya would expect that to effect every skill used by that character. in which case would need a plugin.
but since were talking about a greatsword's trait it would only apply to skills that use that weapon for the attack.
From the original post...
i want the sword to teach a passive skill with this effect so the player can use the effect without needing to equip the sword

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i see. i missed that part about learning passive skills from the equipment.

after re-reading that part it sounds like he wants the sword's dragon killer and the passive dragon killer to stack. so he might still need both methods at least lol.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkZeni