Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The answer is:
Code:
$game_temp.message_text = "your text here"
I don't get why this was so hard to answer.

All I'm wondering is how I write script in RPG Maker XP to call for a Text Message Box with text to appear... Next step is to have it display a variable's value. I haven't found an answer as of yet.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Thank you.

(Scripts is where you share scripts you have written)

Why do you want to do it via a script? You can add variables to a text box using the Show Text command.

gman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Why do you want to do it via a script?
Because there are endless situations where you want a text message to appear during the run of a script... Right now I would like to call a Message Box during a battle. I presume I wanna use the Window_Message class but I honestly don't see a method for writing text with.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That doesn't explain why you want to use a script. You can make message boxes appear during battle, by using the Show Text command in the event commands in the Troops tab.

Can you show a screenshot of what you've already got, and where you want to insert this message box? I am not sure if you really are making a script, or if you are just doing event commands and want to use a script call to show a message box rather than the Show Text command.

In either case, if you really are scripting, this thread is exactly where it needs to be - unless you are actually asking someone to write a script for you, and it doesn't sound like you are.

gman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
1627040493716.png
Exactly here I want to call for a Text Message Box that shows the text. It should disappear when the player presses a button just like a regular text message.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?
So Dad broke the blinds two days ago and he finally decided to try to fix them. I doubt he'll do very well without some help. And I can't help him myself--I don't know how the stink to fix those blinds. My knowledge is just plushies, mascots, computers, animation, and video game design. And also, I've had to stop family and friends from downloading viruses too many times to count.
IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuidadoDoyJuegos