How to total game over?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make the entire game force a clean slate if player game overs at any point? Like erasing all saved files and everything.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would you really want to do that? Your players will get very mad... I would at least. Nobody likes to start over...
But anyways, you can do it. Run this script after a game over. Just before game over actually. Because nothing can be done after a game over. You're taken to the title screen.
JavaScript:
for (i = 0; i < 20; i++) { //Replace 20 with your max number of save files
StorageManager.remove(i);
}

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would you really like to do that? Your players will get very mad... I would at least. Nobody likes to start over...
But anyways, you can do it. Run this script after a game over:
JavaScript:
for (i = 0; i < 20; i++) { //Replace 20 with your max number of save files
StorageManager.remove(i);
}
Sweet! Thanks
Yeah, I'm very sure, it's actually part of the game. It's all explained during Intro n all. It's going to be an extreme game. Where death means complete game over. Kinda forces players to grind n play more strategic, rather then if I die, I'll try again till I win kinda thing.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I see. Permadeath. Sounds cool but I can hear the probable rage in the distance XD Good luck with your game

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha true. Thank you for your help once again.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds pretty hardcore. Better make sure there are no bugs and inbalances though or the heat youll get will be inferno level xD

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trust me I'm making sure I work stage by stage very carefully, this way it's difficult but fun in a challenging way.
Imagine no revive potions or spells

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dont get me wrong I am all for perma death, not being able to redo your choices, etc.

But there are some big pitfalls here, as im sure you are aware.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup n don't really care for them. True rpg players will grind till they beat it. Since the ending will be very very special

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just make sure that ppl dont lose their progress cause of a bug. No matter how hardcore rpg player someone is that'll get them seething xD

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup I always make sure it's bug free after everything I do. I play constant test on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usagiis