How to transform one actor into a enemy? I'm new here, please be gentle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkkoonn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started just a few days using the RPG Maker MV and even looking at some things here, I don't know yet how to do it.

I wanna make my actors fight themselves in some arena, but I just can't create a Enemy with the SV_Actor image.

Let's say I created two actors: Tony and Steve. How to make Tony encounters Steve and fight him?

Please, if possible, say it step by step for what should I do, I'm very new in this maker.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens when you do?

You can't make actors battle actors. You can make actors battle enemies that happen to have the same sprites and names as actors. To do that, you set them up in the Enemies tab of the database.

There are two folders for enemy images - enemies and sv_enemies. If you have the sideview checked in the system tab, you'll need to put the sprites into the sv_enemies folder, otherwise for front view battles put them into the enemies folder.

Note, however, sideview enemies are just a static image. They do not have all the frames and movements that the sideview actors have. If you want that, you will need to get a plugin for animated enemies or sideview enemies or similar.

Darkkoonn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, but I can't add the char that I created into enemies. His graphic isn't right, it uses the "combatent" graphic and it shows a lot of positions of the character.

I mean:

-> Let's say I created Batman with battle generator.
-> I'm going to fight Batman, right.
-> Batman sprite, instead of 1 Batman, appears 20 Batman in every single combatent position.

How to make the troop or enemy show with only one character sprite?

Also, the 'Enemy Encounter" isn't working. It just says:

Enemy 1: ?
Enemy 2: ?
And it goes on until numer 8.

So I'm using the troop function...

Again, I'm a starter, probably I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should really watch some Youtube videos for beginners. The stuff you're asking is very basic and is all covered in any tutorial on enemies. SRD's videos are informative and amusing at times (or annoying depending on your disposition):
You're going to have a really hard time doing anything in RMMV if you don't know the basics.

Darkkoonn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've saw all those tutorial videos. For Troops, it works.

But not for enemy.

My "Enemy Appears" right now is:

#1: ?
#2: ?
#3: ?
#4: ?

I'm doing everything as the video says, still my enemies aren't able to be used at battle encounter. Why?​

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would help if you could explain where you even are in the program and/or what you're trying to do and/or show a screen shot. No one can guess.

There's no such thing as "enemy" as opposed to "troops." You make enemies to go into troops, and then use troops for your encounters. No encounter is ever coming from the "enemy," it's always going to pull from "troops." So either you don't have enemies set up or you don't have troops set up. Or... you just haven't clicked on the "?" and selected something. But again, these are just guesses bc you haven't specified where you are in the program or what you're trying to do, in a manner that makes sense. Also, what is a "battle generator?" You are using a lot of terms that have nothing to do with RPG Maker MV.

[edit: are you talking about "enemy appear" from the "battle" section of event commands? none of those commands are used outside of battle, they are only for battle eventing within the troops tab. the only reason they show up in the event commands at all is bc - i'm guessing - the person who programmed MV didn't want to have two different event command screens for outside battle and inside of battle. but that stuff only works inside of battle.

watch this video (battle events are discussed around 5:49): ]

Last edited:

Darkkoonn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe the terms I'm using (brazilian terms) are, probably, not the right ones. But well, see this:

Image: https://i.postimg.cc/wv2J3NTf/battlepng.png

I created enemies (my game is about Heroes) like Joker, Darkseid, but now I can't use them since they don't appear as Enemies, nothign appearas as enemies, only the "?" symbol.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are making an event on your map screen, those battle commands won't work. Those are only for events within the troops tab. Did you watch all 30 videos in that playlist by SRDude? It seems like you're trying to make battles happen in a way that doesn't work and isn't how battles happen.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Pongy20, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol
Lil' sketch I drew of Nico di Angelo :)
The spooky boi himself ♥
Nico sketch by Artemis Yates.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
torsbein