Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recently attempted to show both the MP and TP cost of a character's abilities, and found a script that did just that. Unfortunately, it's not in the format I wanted. I deleted the script, but the changes were still present, how do I undo this?

Attached below are the script and the effect in-battle.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-11 203846.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-11 203846.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2022-06-11 204941.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-11 204941.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 9

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uh... should check if you just broke the universe's basic rules of causality...

Normally when the changes are still present, the script is not deleted. But since I can't see anything TP-related in your image, this is even more confusing (at least I assume these skills cost TP because the script is about showing them alongside MP). Are you sure it wasn't messed-up before already?

The small amount of space available per skill in the choice-window and this big font don't seem to make showing MP and TP in the same line realistically possible.

~炬燵あ

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as the poster above said if that change is still there, then the script is still in the engine.

however there is one classical mistake that very often caused forgotten scripts to remain in the game:
if you forgot to name the slot where you placed the script, then you can easily think it is not yet placed and place it a second time.
and deleting the second copy will not remove the first.

so please go through all empty slots in the script editor and check if one of them contains a forgotten script.
and make sure to always start new games on playtest, part of the code and maps is stored in the savefile and can reactivate things like that if loaded from savefile.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uh... should check if you just broke the universe's basic rules of causality...

Normally when the changes are still present, the script is not deleted. But since I can't see anything TP-related in your image, this is even more confusing (at least I assume these skills cost TP because the script is about showing them alongside MP). Are you sure it wasn't messed-up before already?

The small amount of space available per skill in the choice-window and this big font don't seem to make showing MP and TP in the same line realistically possible.

~炬燵あ
You're completely correct, the font absolutely covers up everything else, sorry for not showing that in my first post. The second shows the effect I would've liked, which uses the same font that the base game had. In the first image, before I added the script, it looked more like the second image, minus the TP due to it being an MP character. The font was the way I wanted it before the script overwrite it. Why didn't I just use the script present in that game? I forgot about it apparently. Again, I already deleted the script and am now trying to change it back.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-12 100401.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-12 100401.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2022-06-12 102335.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-12 102335.png
    12 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
as the poster above said if that change is still there, then the script is still in the engine.

however there is one classical mistake that very often caused forgotten scripts to remain in the game:
if you forgot to name the slot where you placed the script, then you can easily think it is not yet placed and place it a second time.
and deleting the second copy will not remove the first.

so please go through all empty slots in the script editor and check if one of them contains a forgotten script.
and make sure to always start new games on playtest, part of the code and maps is stored in the savefile and can reactivate things like that if loaded from savefile.
Okay, I loaded up the game and then went back, and the problem was solved! Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Might start playing some rpg maker games and uploading the games on youtube. Realistically they're not going to be for views. Just to give anyone some feedback on any games they're working on. So if you'd like me to play and review your game just reply them down here. And I'll upload them on Rpg4MGames.
Ah, so THIS is what it feels like to sleep till I naturally wake up, and not be woken up by an alarm or other unwanted stimuli... holy crap I feel like I can lift a house! XD (Or work on my game)
I'm graduating in two weeks. I have been away for a long time, the things that I want to make just kept going farther and farther away from me. But not anymore. My time is unbound and I am free.

theUnwanted.jpg
Been too busy to stream the last couple days. But I did find some time to create the "Unwanted" dolls. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZMG