How to Update NW.js to Dramatically improve Game Performance!

MelonMintGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a word of caution to people who do this: upgrading the node version and then downgrading it seems to cause the "Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js." pop-up.

While this is easy enough to fix if you are testing it on your own, it has been a nightmare trying to fix for all of my playtesters. Several playtesters say the game doesn't even run at all for them now.

So my suggestion is to figure out your version of node BEFORE you distribute your game in any way. I guess this is why you do playtests though, right?

MorsVictrix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What would be a downside to just upgrading to the latest 64x version? Why would you be downgrading it?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
might have a plugin that isnt getting updated anymore and not compatible with newer version

thatljguy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Taishanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I updated nwjs and it seems to run fine but now the game window launches at the top left corner of the screen instead of the center. Anyone know how I can change it back to the center again?

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What would be a downside to just upgrading to the latest 64x version? Why would you be downgrading it?
Compatibility.

For example, if you're releasing on Steam, you need a version of nwjs which is compatible with binaries of Greenworks and the Steamworks API on all your platforms to support Achievements. As a result, I went with nwjs 54.1.

MorsVictrix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm no sure I care so much for the achievements as much as I care for the performance boost. I upgraded to the newest 64x version and I must say the difference is obvious.... but I also updated the pixi.js and now I keep getting ''Deprecation Warning: VoidFilter has been renamed to AlphaFilter, please use PIXI.filters.AlphaFilter'', but other than that everything works fine. Even the plugins all work, except YEP Core only works when the project is deployed, but not when I'm playtesting the game...

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After going through this process to upgrade to 49.2 for nw and 4.8.9 for PIXI, I am now getting this whenever I open console while testing.

1632747570951.png

Any ideas on how to fix this, I don't have to tell you how important it is to still be able to use the console in-game while testing.

Happens with all plugins OFF and in RPG Maker MV 1.6.1, if that helps.

EDIT: Caused by downloading the non-SDK version of NWJS 49.2, redoing the update with the SDK version fixes this.

Last edited:

MorsVictrix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After going through this process to upgrade to 49.2 for nw and 4.8.9 for PIXI, I am now getting this whenever I open console while testing.

View attachment 202529

Any ideas on how to fix this, I don't have to tell you how important it is to still be able to use the console in-game while testing.

Happens with all plugins OFF and in RPG Maker MV 1.6.1, if that helps.
Have you made a backup before updating? In my experience that's the only 100% fix of your problem. Maybe some of the more experienced forum members can help you find a sollution, but that's the only one I can come up with. Sorry. :/

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I noticed after upgrading my NW.js that my game no longer starts centered on the screen. Instead, it opens near the top left quadrant of my screen. Any idea why? There must've been a file/setting that got overwritten when the files in the nwjs-win/nwjs-win-test folder got copied over.

Edit: Nvm, I found the fix back on page 4. I'm running the latest (as of this writing) v0.57.1 and it runs perfectly. No issues to speak of.

1634637703533.png

Last edited:

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone else have a problem with newer versions of nwjs, that it breaks their game's fullscreen-on-boot?

On boot in nwjs 54.1/55/57.1, My game goes fullscreen for an instant, then goes back to a window.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EthanFox Strange, I haven't encountered any such issues w/ v0.57.1 on my end. I can fullscreen just fine. What method are you using to boot in fullscreen?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_single_firefly