SongQueenSaeryen

The Songstress of Harmony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Due to the kind of game I'm making, I want to make the weapons menu a menu for tutorials, where if you select it you can read it. But I don't see any way to use a weapon from the menu, and if I want to put readable tutorials in there I'll have to make it usable from the menu.

Any way to do this?

Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If i understand right, you want an item (maybe a book), that when the player selects it from the inventory, a tutorial will show up?

If that's what you want, go to Database, then on the items, select the item you want (or make a new one) and on the right there is a "Effects" box. Double click on it and a small window will open.
go to "Other" and select "Common event". Then select a common event that you would already have set up for it to show what you need. Then Give the item to player and when the player will click it from the inventory the item (common event) will be "enabled".

SongQueenSaeryen

The Songstress of Harmony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If i understand right, you want an item (maybe a book), that when the player selects it from the inventory, a tutorial will show up?

If that's what you want, go to Database, then on the items, select the item you want (or make a new one) and on the right there is a "Effects" box. Double click on it and a small window will open.
go to "Other" and select "Common event". Then select a common event that you would already have set up for it to show what you need. Then Give the item to player and when the player will click it from the inventory the item (common event) will be "enabled".
Thank you, I know how to do that.

Is there any way (like in the script) to make the "Weapons" menu function like a third items menu? Because there are a lot of tutorials and I would like to have it in a menu separate from the items and key items, for the convenience of the player more than anything else.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.
A secret desire of mine: I want to make a horror game based on Celtic mythology. I've seen plenty of Greek, Japanese and Norse mythology-based horror games, but I don't think I've ever seen a Celtic-based horror game anywhere...
FF Opera Omnia is in quite a bizarre state right now. As soon as the tutorial is completed, the game levels all characters to level 70 and makes all new characters start at level 70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaionline