SongQueenSaeryen

The Songstress of Harmony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Due to the kind of game I'm making, I want to make the weapons menu a menu for tutorials, where if you select it you can read it. But I don't see any way to use a weapon from the menu, and if I want to put readable tutorials in there I'll have to make it usable from the menu.

Any way to do this?

Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If i understand right, you want an item (maybe a book), that when the player selects it from the inventory, a tutorial will show up?

If that's what you want, go to Database, then on the items, select the item you want (or make a new one) and on the right there is a "Effects" box. Double click on it and a small window will open.
go to "Other" and select "Common event". Then select a common event that you would already have set up for it to show what you need. Then Give the item to player and when the player will click it from the inventory the item (common event) will be "enabled".

SongQueenSaeryen

The Songstress of Harmony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If i understand right, you want an item (maybe a book), that when the player selects it from the inventory, a tutorial will show up?

If that's what you want, go to Database, then on the items, select the item you want (or make a new one) and on the right there is a "Effects" box. Double click on it and a small window will open.
go to "Other" and select "Common event". Then select a common event that you would already have set up for it to show what you need. Then Give the item to player and when the player will click it from the inventory the item (common event) will be "enabled".
Thank you, I know how to do that.

Is there any way (like in the script) to make the "Weapons" menu function like a third items menu? Because there are a lot of tutorials and I would like to have it in a menu separate from the items and key items, for the convenience of the player more than anything else.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

100 likes.jpg

I reached 100 followers on my new twitter! It's not much but it's honest work
Made this sign for a you-know-what type of business, completely from scratch.
Gotta admit, i'm extremely proud of it.

image.png
After 7 months of really hard work and then 6 months of lazing around and procrastinating with adding the final touches my game is finally complete! Not bad considering that a year ago I didn't really even know about variables. Thanks to everyone who helped with questions and assets! Feels good to have a game under my belt! Ep2 (also self contained) may possibly come in the future!
I just made a breakthrough in my Battlecore problem where the Abort Battle command wouldn't work after using a Custom Action Sequence skill. It seems that Abort Battle can't be the last command in the event.
Before, the event was ordered (Dialogue -> Abort Battle). But having the message appear LAST fixed it.
(Abort Battle -> Dialogue)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anxs