SakuraMiya

Invincible Airhead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I'm working on a puzzle in which you jump platforms and when they do, they get damaged (the first time it gets damaged and the second time the platform collapses). Problem is, the graphics don't change after the player jumps, not even after putting it to "contact from event". And I don't want to use too much switches because.....it's lots and lots of platforms (see picture). Is there a way to make it possible or I should just give up?help.PNGiceicebaby.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly, the jump command more or less intentionally disables any contact trigger for an event on the target square. you are expected to provide any effect in the event that triggered the jump itself - which of course doesn't work in the scenario you have.

I think I remember there were a few scripts for Ace that adressed such type of games, but unfortunately most scripting sites for Ace have gone down in the past. You still might try to check the Ace master script list for them because you might be lucky and they are on one of the few sites still online.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In case you are unable to find such a script, it is possible to do it with events using a parallel process common event doing more or less the following:
  • Save player position in one or two variables
  • Compare that position with that stored in other variables
  • If player moved (new position is different than old position)
    • if old position was a platform position
      • change platform self switch
  • Replace value in variables storing old position with that of variables storing new position
The logic itself is pretty simple, it leaves some room for you to decide how to verify whether a certain position has a platform, but it should not be that hard. One way, for example, is that of using a single switch and iterating over your events (using IDs) and see if any event coordinates match those stored in the two variables.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making a weapon stronger according to the user level!
God, I wish I could afford a big band for my game. Not like... Foo Fighters or whatever. A big brass band. For ridiculous jazzy nonsense ala
Let it be known that I am very forgetful, and I often forget that I was engaged in conversation with people
here (and every other community I'm on). So if I ever stop replying to PMs or comments, please don't take it personally and just send me a reminder to reply XD
Darklord99 wrote on Restart's profile.
Hi I tried to download the fossil plugin but I got a 404 message from github
I'm preparing a video. In the meantime, here's the new-new save point graphic. It's a sundial with an orb that changes color to represent both the time of day and which of the 3 elements are being boosted at the time.
7TOFvy9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdquidley