Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I want to use the custom lunatic mode notetags in YEP Item Core, aka these:
upload_2019-8-8_10-48-28.png

The problem is, I don't know how ;_;

Yanfly's tutorial doesn't explain it, I guess the idea is either you know this stuff or you don't, but I'm trying to learn!

So where exactly do these notetags go? Because putting them into the item note field doesn't work.

Thanks for bearing with all my recent questions guys, I hope to be able to pay it forward in the not too distant future!

Attachments

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
You use it on the notetags of the item where you want to do some Lunatic stuff.

If they arent working, its either there is something wrong with the notetag, or the plugin setup is wrong or missing another plugin that is actually required. It can also be a clash between plugins made by different authors. Make sure you're also testing it using New Game instead of Load Game, and make sure you're saving the project before testing.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko thanks. Knowing it was indeed meant to go in notetags helped me figure out the issue: a clash with SumRndmDde's Super Tools Engine. Which is frustrating because I'd really like to use both!

What's strange is that it only seems to be the notetags that are affected, the rest of Item Core and Super Tools do what they're supposed to.

*Edit* Solved. Turns out I didn't have the size of the info menu window big enough. While it seemed to be big enough to fit the text I had in the notetag (or at least part of it, which is what usually happens when a box is too small), the function of this notetag resulted in nothing at all being visible until I made the box large enough to comfortably fit everything.

Last edited:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Try changing the order of those plugins (if ypu havent done so) and see if it fixes the problem.. Else you probably need a compatibility patch.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they work together, but put SRD plugins below the battle plugins and it should work fine.

Also make sure yanfly plugins are in order which is the most important thing to work correctly. found here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck