How to use MGC's FPLE

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is anyone having issues when they test this, and it freezing up?

I made these chests you open up, they of course animate as they open up.. not sure if that's an issue... but the game when i click on events, just randomly freezes up.

Also, does anyone know if it's okay having a mix of 2D overhead areas mixed with first person dungeons?

I'm working on a Phantasy Star fan game.. so some areas are 2D and overhead, while dungeons and towers and caves and so forth are in first person.

Will it cause issues going back and forth between the 2 styles? Or rather, is it known for causing issues?

I hope none of the other scripts i use are causing issues.

And i noticed i can't show pictures in my game... i set up an event for a compass, kinda like in old console Dungeons and Dragons games...to where if you face left it says i am facing west.. if i face right i am facing east, if i face up i am facing north, and facing down is east.. it's a very simple event.. but for some reason i see no pictures.. it's set up as a paralel proccess... no pictues seen.

So i am guessing pictures do not work.

Figured out the issue... it's with paralel processes.

If you start in a non first person map, then teleport to the first person map.. paralel processes for some odd reason refuse to start.

That's why my compass event refuses to work.

I think i found a work around... it's odd.. but if i use a switch that get's turned on when you transfer the player to the FPM(first person map) that turns on the paralel process, it works fine. You just can't seem to have it just automatically come on.. oddly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you believe it is a bug you can leave a message on MGC's blog.

There should be no problem switching between map types.

The engine simply checks which one should be used when you transfer and loads the appropriate renderers.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
fileutils should be included with the project, since RM's classpath only contains the project's root directory. If MGC's adding the Script's folder then the required file should be there.

Tchangla

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
fileutils should be included with the project, since RM's classpath only contains the project's root directory. If MGC's adding the Script's folder then the required file should be there.
fileutils.rb is in the folder

Edit: I've copied the game folder on C: , and magically worked... 

It seems every is working now ><, thanks for everything ^^

zelch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can someone please help me. I downloaded the program, I go in and make a map, I export it to my game, but as soon as I open the game, it just shows up as a flat map.

Edit: Like this

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t615/*******_mcfart/Picture_zpsa779f1a7.jpg

asatiir

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
I keep getting this error whenever I use a tileset I made:

I've assigned the entire tileset as instructed, but this is what happens followed by a force close if I press OK.

azurezero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
aside from marta crashing when i try to change tilesets, im liking this so far, also remember not to name your maps anything with a space in, because they dont work...took me hours to figure that out

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Try reporting errors directly to MGC's blog.

duybakhiast

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey! Excuse me,how can I use custom tileset?
I don't know what size of tileset for Marta!
Please help!:frown::frown::frown:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Excuse me i did what you told me when i tested it it only it didn't go 3D it just went to normal 2D i legit did everything but nothing work

Herman2000

Piano Man - $320
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First, apologies for necro-ing, but it seems more prudent than to create a whole new threat.

So with the RGSS-Factory dead and buried, is there anywhere we could file bug reports, still? Getting an error during map export:

Code:
Script 'Marta : Properties' line 16: Argument Error occurred.

invalid byte sequence in UTF-8
The console spits out:
Code:
#<ArgumentError: invalid byte sequence in UTF-8>
["{0014}:16:in `[]'", "{0014}:16:in `block (2 levels) in load'", "{0014}:15:in `
each_line'", "{0014}:15:in `block in load'", "{0014}:14:in `open'", "{0014}:14:i
n `load'", "{0142}:34:in `select_parent_project'", "{0142}:18:in `call_export_wn
d'", "{0023}:62:in `select'", "{0022}:171:in `on_mouse_select'", "{0022}:132:in
`on_mouse_click'", "{0022}:98:in `update'", "{0023}:37:in `update'", "{0029}:52:
in `update'", "{0062}:107:in `block in update_UI'", "{0062}:107:in `each_value'"
, "{0062}:107:in `update_UI'", "{0122}:171:in `update_UI'", "{0062}:100:in `preu
pdate'", "{0056}:57:in `update_spriteset_preprocess'", "{0056}:23:in `update'",
"{0055}:11:in `main'", "{0006}:16:in `run'", "{0147}:8:in `block in <main>'", ":
1:in `block in rgss_main'", ":1:in `loop'", ":1:in `rgss_main'", "{0147}:8:in `<
main>'", "ruby:in `eval'"]
of note, this happens both with a custom map (with custom texture settings) and with the default map that comes with Marta.

EDIT: of note, I figured it out. The project name, if containing exotic UTF-8 characters, can cause issues, as it is called during map export. Removing UTF-8 specific characters (i.e. kanji) from the project name resolves export issues.

Last edited:

dealwithitdewott

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I don't know if this will get any attention or not since it seems that this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I was recently trying out the map editor that comes with this script and for whatever reason, the program seems to close out every time i try to export something. Nothing exports, and even if I open the file explorer window where I can select the RPGVXA project and then close out of it without selecting anything, it still just closes immediately afterwards. Is there any fix to this?

Herman2000

Piano Man - $320
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, I don't know if this will get any attention or not since it seems that this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I was recently trying out the map editor that comes with this script and for whatever reason, the program seems to close out every time i try to export something. Nothing exports, and even if I open the file explorer window where I can select the RPGVXA project and then close out of it without selecting anything, it still just closes immediately afterwards. Is there any fix to this?
See my post immediately above yours. Same thing happened to me - check your project's name in the Database in RM VX Ace. If it contains any special characters, especially asian characters, try to remove them, at least while you are working on these maps.

dealwithitdewott

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It doesn't seem that any of the names for the maps I have include special characters like you said, and to make sure I also checked the project I was exporting to see if it had any special characters either (even though i'm pretty sure the exporting issue isn't with the projects i'm selecting), and I didn't see any issues there either. Reading the post you posted above, it seems that the problem you're facing is slightly different than mine, being that you seem to get a window popping up when it crashed while exporting while I just have the program just close out immediately upon clicking the "open project" option and closing the file explorer.

Herman2000

Piano Man - $320
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm, alright, true, I didn't account for the error message.
If I may ask, where did you download Marta from? Did you verify all the files extracted correctly?

dealwithitdewott

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since the RGSS-Factory link was kinda dead I had to use wayback machine in order to be able to access the download links.

Herman2000

Piano Man - $320
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm. I could be wrong, but I think I did the same. Been a hot while.
Unfortunately, I am not sure what else it could be. The way I have it set up is that Marta is situated in a subfolder of my project, and when I export, it automatically picks the project, renders the name to make sure that's where I wanna export, and then, exports when I hit the export button. There's no further configuration beyond that needed and none I am aware of that could be set up.
Kind of a long-shot, but, does your target project contain all the necessary scripts and the .dll file?

dealwithitdewott

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When you say subfolder, you mean like having all of the Marta files a file for your project? How did you get that to work by chance? As for the scripts and ddl file, I've gotten all of them from the demo's files, so they're there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detulovnoc