Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,

I am still learning so I am sure this is easy for most but as I discover new plugins there is always something new about how it works. In most plugins I have used you just put the js file in the plugin folder then edit the details of the plugin in the plugins option. however I have now come across a Plugin that uses " Plugin Commands" for the Camera changing.

My questions is how do I apply a "Plugin Command" on all maps or make the command take effect automatically at start?

Dolphin458

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ighrpg
You would have to use a common event, and change it to parallel (for this you'd need to activate a switch). To activate a switch at the start of the game, I think you could just turn the switch to ON on the first event that runs in the game.

That's how I do it, at least. There might be other ways, but I haven't come across those ways yet lol

EDIT: Not sure if it's different for MZ, though. Probably not lol

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ighrpg
You would have to use a common event, and change it to parallel (for this you'd need to activate a switch). To activate a switch at the start of the game, I think you could just turn the switch to ON on the first event that runs in the game.

That's how I do it, at least. There might be other ways, but I haven't come across those ways yet lol

EDIT: Not sure if it's different for MZ, though. Probably not lol

Hey, thank you for this I will try that method.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To activate a switch at the start of the game, I think you could just turn the switch to ON on the first event that runs in the game.
Or, at that point, simply include the plugin command in an autorun event on the first map that loads.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

How you do things depends entirely on the individual plugin (which is why you sometimes come across stuff that's a bit more unusual). See if there is a "global" setting in the plugin parameters that lets you apply the same thing to all maps, or if there's something you can set up via map notetags that's mentioned in the plugin description. If not, then you'll have to use a parallel event on each map that runs the plugin command and then erases itself.

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank You ! So far the Parallel is working pretty good.
I have a JS question but I will create a new thread for that. ( hopefully in the correct category :) )

Thx!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyriemedia