How to use stats into conditional branches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Basically...I want to use the "atack" stat in a conditional branch with battle processing...so for example..if you have more than 10 atk you kill the enemy instantly just by touching the enemy overworld sprite....otherwise you engage in battle normally...

Edit: Sorry...I've figured it out...the moderators can close this topic if you want

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically control variable to get game data, then conditional branch on the variable

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you are going to use those type of conditional branches a lot, Conditional Branch+ plugin is recommended

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
basically control variable to get game data, then conditional branch on the variable
Yeah...that's what I did...it worked perfectly...

If you are going to use those type of conditional branches a lot, Conditional Branch+ plugin is recommended
I just used the variable to get the stat as a parallel process in a common event so I can use it as many times as I want...

Thanks guys =)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just used the variable to get the stat as a parallel process in a common event so I can use it as many times as I want...
bad idea, because that adds to lag without any real need.
just add a control variable command before every conditional branch that checks the value

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
bad idea, because that adds to lag without any real need.
just add a control variable command before every conditional branch that checks the value
It's not lagging at all...and I have 3 of those...one for atk, magatk and agility...the game is running normally

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not lagging at all..
lag is additive - and every computer has some processing reserves.
but each parallel process uses some of that processing, and it adds up the more you use (as well as other problems caused by too many parallel processes.

and it is a bad idea to use up the processing reserve for things that can be done other ways.

looking for lag only when it becomes detectable is like says "only the last beer was bad, the twelve beers before that have nothing to do with how I feel now"

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
lag is additive - and every computer has some processing reserves.
but each parallel process uses some of that processing, and it adds up the more you use (as well as other problems caused by too many parallel processes.

and it is a bad idea to use up the processing reserve for things that can be done other ways.

looking for lag only when it becomes detectable is like says "only the last beer was bad, the twelve beers before that have nothing to do with how I feel now"
ok .-.

Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can build a common event to check the stats of an actor and just recall that common event anytime you need to get it (before making the conditional branch). Its spares you from doing it manually every time.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A better way would be to just do a Control Variables prior to the Battle Processing call. A parallel process event is very inefficient for this.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Next time, please report your post and say it's been resolved, rather than adding a comment in an already-existing post - mods don't look at every post so might miss it, especially when it's an edit of an existing post, as that won't even make it bump to the top of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kankuro