How to use the full version graphics in a game transfered from the lite version

WithosEmpire

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recently bought the full version of rpg maker vx ace and I transferred a game I was working on from the lite version to it. How can I use the graphics from the full version in the game that I'm making that came originally from the lite version?

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 How can I use the graphics from the full version in the game that I'm making that came originally from the lite version?

I am not sure if a lite project is comatible with Ace, it probably is but I am not sure if you have to follow some steps to make it comatible really. @Andar do you know?

If some assets are missing, you can always press F10 (Resource Manager) find the assets and import whatever is missing.

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RPGVXAce\

In there you will find:

rtp: The run time package, means the graphics VX Ace is released with,

dlc: Contains all DLC files, after being downoaded via Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow, you can just open a lite project normally with the full version - at least for me it worked without problems when I upgraded.

@WithosEmpire, you have two options: Either import the missing parts of the RTP manually via the Resource Manager as Dreadshadow said, or tell the project to use the RTP the way new projects created in the full version do. To do that, open the Game.ini file in your project folder (use a simple text editor like Notepad) and change the line "RTP=" to "RTP=RPGVXAce". Also, it's probably safer to close RPG Maker while you're working on the file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paitshens