How to use the full version graphics in a game transfered from the lite version

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by WithosEmpire, Jan 3, 2017.

1. WithosEmpire

WithosEmpire Fleet Admiral Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I recently bought the full version of rpg maker vx ace and I transferred a game I was working on from the lite version to it. How can I use the graphics from the full version in the game that I'm making that came originally from the lite version?

2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I am not sure if a lite project is comatible with Ace, it probably is but I am not sure if you have to follow some steps to make it comatible really. @Andar do you know?

If some assets are missing, you can always press F10 (Resource Manager) find the assets and import whatever is missing.

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RPGVXAce\

In there you will find:

rtp: The run time package, means the graphics VX Ace is released with,

dlc: Contains all DLC files, after being downoaded via Steam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
  3. LadyBaskerville

LadyBaskerville Hell-poodle Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dreadshadow, you can just open a lite project normally with the full version - at least for me it worked without problems when I upgraded.

@WithosEmpire, you have two options: Either import the missing parts of the RTP manually via the Resource Manager as Dreadshadow said, or tell the project to use the RTP the way new projects created in the full version do. To do that, open the Game.ini file in your project folder (use a simple text editor like Notepad) and change the line "RTP=" to "RTP=RPGVXAce". Also, it's probably safer to close RPG Maker while you're working on the file.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017