How to use the MapScrollDisable properly for picture cut scenes

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New to the program and trying to create a cut scene with a picture where the player moves the camera. And this MapScrollDisable plug-in by Akunou is a part of it (if I'm missing any other plug-ins that are needed please let me know).

My main issue is when I transfer to the cutscene, it starts on top. And the picture doesnt scroll when I move the character.

I probably have the programming wrong. So if any experts on this are out there, tell me what I did wrong & how to do it properly.

I also have screenshot of what it looks like when its done properly from Uru's game "Size Matters" which is inspiring me to create a similar game. I've been stuck on this for months with no examples on how to do this, please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    932.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Failure Example.png
    Failure Example.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • Size Matters Example.png
    Size Matters Example.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most likely the plugin has nothing to do with what you want, and the way you go about it is rather strange - most people would use the parallax for this.

Make a new map for this cutscene and install the picture as the parallax of the map.
Then on entering the map, use set move route targeted on the player to turn through ON for the player, and make sure to turn it off before leaving.

depending on how you want the scroll to happen, you can change the mapsize to change the scroll speed - or make the map the same size as the picture and change player speed.
There are a lot of possibilities to experiment with that way, and you don't need any plugin or any complex event at all (even the through on is only so that you don't have to make the entire map passable as the player)

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got the free movement & movement route correct so far. I made the picture parallax, but the picture still doesnt start at the bottom & doesnt scroll along with player movement and I lost transparency even though I have it on.

Got any tutorials to point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• Failure #2.png
    Failure #2.png
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • Still Fail.png
    Still Fail.png
    2 MB · Views: 1

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) I said new map because you cannot have tiles on the map like the grass on your original map. That is because the parallax is always below the tiles.
The through = ON is there to make the player be able to walk on those empty tiles instead.

2) to start at the bottom the player has to be placed at the bottom - where did you transfer the player to?

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah I see. Where is this "The Through" option for creating a map?

And it does transfer the player to the bottom of the map, but the map is showing the top of the picture is the problem

Edit: I tried what you said without tiles, now the character cant move to the event to finish & transfer out.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is this "The Through" option for creating a map?
those are commands in the move route command list - through ON and though OFF in the middle of the right column
but with through on you can't trigger an event touch - you'll have to use a parallel process checking coordinates or something else depending on what you want to achieve.

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured out why it wasnt starting at the bottom. I didnt turn on the loop function >.<
Also, had to map the map a bit larger to not mess up the loop

Your method works & the way I'm trying to do mine almost works but the tile is on top of the picture. Is there a way to make a tile invisible? Or at least below the picture?

Attachments

• Almost.png
    Almost.png
    1 MB · Views: 2

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never mind I figured out how. I had to change an impassable "x" tile to an passable "o" tile. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. And I mostly thank you for getting me to use my head.

And you were right after all, I didnt need a special plug-in for this. 1 of 4 problems for my game solved. Will be looking forward to your help again in the future.

Attachments

• SUCCESS!!!!!!!.png
    SUCCESS!!!!!!!.png
    831.2 KB · Views: 2

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So this is... a thing.
A little something I've been working on... :kaosigh:
GoArOw1.png
This is a lot of fun
Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KillerCotton