Xphisto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello,

I been learning how to use RPG maker MV with full Yanfly plugins. I just have a few questions I haven't been able to find with google or on these forums. Any help would be very grateful.

1. If I install all Yanfly plugins(for testing) but only want to use certain ones is it ok to just turn those off? By turning those off will it effect the other plugins or effect the way the game runs? I know some plugins are required other plugins to work. I just wanted to know that it wont cause issues by just turning them off instead of uninstalling them.

2. Which leads to this question....Yanfly wiki says "It is highly recommended that you place these plugins inside your Plugin Manager in the order shown on this page".
Does that mean ALL the plugins need to be installed for them to work? Or does it mean all plugins under each section needs to be in the order such as all Battle Plugins in order or all Item plugins in order?

Thank you,

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As long as the core is on and then have the ones your using in proper order on as well, then it doesn't matter if the rest are not installed or if they are off.

Chocopyro

Just an intermediate leveled adventurer.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's plug ins are very flexible. They are designed for you to pick and choose what you need. Just pick the core yanfly plug in, then if there is an area you want to improve in your game, you select the secondary core plug in. (Combat core, status core, message core, ect.) And from there, you choose what plug ins in that category you need to add. And yes, there is an install order, but it's the same as he orders them on his master list, and so long as you aren't switching off any of the cores that are being used, you can turn them off and on as you please. So no, you don't have to install all of them. Just skip to the next one you are installing. They're generally grouped with the core you need for them in the installation order as well.

And if you think you are going to be using a lot of them, it's less expensive to just buy the full package. I found that out a little late, as my list of needs for game making kept growing. XD

Last edited:

Xphisto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok thank you for the information. I'm really liking what these plugins can do.

I bought the full set of so i could test everything and choose what i would use and might not use.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elender