How to use Yanfly's Ace Equip Engine

coorocrow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I kind of feel like an idiot for asking, but how exactly do i use this script. I feel like the reason why it is not working is something on my end rather than something with the script. But what I am currently doing is this.

I am attempting to make a secondary armor thing unique to each character similar to the equipment in tales of graces.

And what I currently have is a item in the armors tab slot 64 called Rune Sheath.

in the note box I have <equip type: 7 >

in the script I have 7 => [   "Sheath",       true,      true],

and in my actors note box I have

<equip slots>
Weapon
Sheath
Headgear
Bodygear
Accessory
Necklace
</equip slots>

When I have the Item in my inventory It doesn't show up under sheath. nor can I equip it. I confused on how exactly I am supposed to do this as this is what it seemed like I was supposed to do from the instructions.

xein

A stranger in a strange world
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Tell me does the equip slot exist for the character in game?

edit:

change this: <equip type: 7 >

to this        : <equip type: 7>

Last edited by a moderator:

coorocrow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now it is sort of working. The Rune Sheath is now appearing in the item menu under sheath. however I am still unable to equip it to my character. and he does have the sheath slot appear in game.

xein

A stranger in a strange world
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
that's weird. I tested it and it is working. Upload a demo and i'll try to see what went wrong. 

EDIT:

Does the Rune Sheath appear in the equip menu?

If it doesn't then you need to set the armor type for the armor in the database to something that the actor can use.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now it is sort of working. The Rune Sheath is now appearing in the item menu under sheath. however I am still unable to equip it to my character. and he does have the sheath slot appear in game.
That usually means the item you want to equip isn't configured for the slot where you want it, or that the actor is missing the feature giving him the access to the item.
How does your armor notetag look like?

coorocrow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
under the armors tab

Name: Rune Sheath

Armor Type: General Armor

Price: 0

Equip Type: Body

in the note box

<equip type: 7>

In the script I have

7 => [   "Sheath",       true,      true],

In the actor I have

<equip slots>

Weapon

Sheath

Headgear

Bodygear

Accessory

Necklace

</equip slots>

The actor has the appropriate slots in game. and the Item when I buy it from a shop appears under sheath and general armor. But I can not equip it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ok i got the model New and I will develop a little more, I think my SV is not beautiful yet.
"I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream". In all seriousness, spatial BGM feature is now complete for my audio plugin.
Stream will be live shortly with some game development followed by the return of the Interactive Text Adventure after a short hiatus! Feel free to drop by!
Lately, I've taken to smashing random nouns/verbs together as insults. It's sort of amusing how many people don't really know how to respond to that. You bottle shaker!
Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avaross