Sednaiur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to make use of Yanfly's plugin YEP_SkillLearnSystem to make my actors be able to learn skills by using Job Points.
The problem is that I get an error message as soon as I select the class in the "Learn Skills"-window where I have defined the
skills. The error message is "ReferenceError skilllearnCost JP is not defined".

For example, I want my class called "Test" to be able to learn the "Fire"-skill for 160 JP.
For that, I have put the notetag <Learn Skill: 9> (the skills ID is 0009) into the class' notebox, and <Learn Cost: 160 JP> into the skill's notebox.

Am I doing something wrong? Do these notetags need to be on the top line in the notetags to work?

Also, in the SkillLearnSystem's plugin instruction, it says that one should put it under the YEP_JobPoints.js plugin, yet that plugin is
further down on Yanfly's site. But on top of Yanfly's site it states that all the plugins should be in the exact order as listed on that site, which is what I did.

A big mistake? Do I need to move YEP_SkillLearnSystem from it's original position below YEP_JobPoints, or must I move YEP_JobPoints from it's original position above YEP_SkillLearnSystem?

Sednaiur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@zaraku

Thank you a lot. Your link helped me fixing the problem. Now it works as intended. :)

To make the fix for my problem clear for others, this is what needs to be done in a case such as I described above:

Open YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js with an editor like notepad++
On Line 1182:
var cost = skilllearnCostJp; needs to be changed into:
var cost = this._skilllearnCostJp;

Credit to @Lear for that solution.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manyattempts