how to use your product key in another computer

dndrself

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've downloaded rmmz I want to download it onto another computer but my product will not work and I dont care about keeping it on my previous computer. I've deleted from my previous rmmz from the computer but the product key was still on there. I didn't know how to remove the product key, so I'm not sure if that preventing me from downloading it onto my other computer. Hoping not have buy it again.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're allowed to install MZ on two computers that you own. I'm not sure if there's something that prevents you from doing additional installs, or if it maxes out at a certain number.

Have you already installed it more than once (on the same computer or on different computers)? If so, I think you need to log a support ticket asking them to reset it for you (just put all zeros where it asks you for the product key, if you don't have it anymore).

Where did you buy it? If the Degica store, you can log in and find your order - the product key will be the order number. Just make sure that you're putting in the right key.

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've downloaded rmmz I want to download it onto another computer but my product will not work and I dont care about keeping it on my previous computer. I've deleted from my previous rmmz from the computer but the product key was still on there. I didn't know how to remove the product key, so I'm not sure if that preventing me from downloading it onto my other computer. Hoping not have buy it again.
it doesn't. since you uninstalled it, the fact that the product key is still in the registry of your older computer doesn't do anything preventing your from activating it on a new one.

most programs using license/product keys will check the said license/product key when you launch the program, and will occasionnaly perhaps check if you are using the program on multiple computers. just grab your product key and put it on your new computer. if you have issues, contact support like the squirrel said.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While I do somewhat hate that the steam version requires you to be logged on to steam to play, I wasn't aware you could only use the download version on two computers. I work on my project on four different computers, so...

dndrself

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah it finally went through once I got in contact with Degica. Never said why it didn't work on my other computer. Thanks for the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.
The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it
R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame