RMMV How would i go about adding a new Attack command in combat?

KageKazumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Everyone. I'm trying to make a system in my game to where the player can equip both a Melee weapon and a Firearm. Then, when the player is in combat, they can choose to Attack with their Melee weapon or shoot their gun, Kinda like Persona 1. My question is, how would i go about adding another weapon equip slot in the inventory and make it so when the player presses the new Shoot command, it fires their gun?

Attachments

• hqdefault_LI (2).jpg
    hqdefault_LI (2).jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 13

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly's Weapon Unleash lets you attach a new combat menu command to equipping a weapon - but it has to replace one, so you'd have Attack, Shoot, and no Guard. Otherwise, other Yanfly (and probably other people) plugins can attach a regular skill to the weapon, so you only have the Shoot skill while it's equipped, but you'd have to go into your skills command menu to choose it.

As far as equipping them both, just enable your class for dual wielding. Then, Google "RPG Maker MV dual wield restrictions" and look at the various threads and plugins that come up, see which has the ability for you to restrict it specifically to one melee weapon and one gun. (Or, of course, someone else who specifically knows might respond after I do! ;) )

KageKazumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Weapon Unleash lets you attach a new combat menu command to equipping a weapon - but it has to replace one, so you'd have Attack, Shoot, and no Guard. Otherwise, other Yanfly (and probably other people) plugins can attach a regular skill to the weapon, so you only have the Shoot skill while it's equipped, but you'd have to go into your skills command menu to choose it.

As far as equipping them both, just enable your class for dual wielding. Then, Google "RPG Maker MV dual wield restrictions" and look at the various threads and plugins that come up, see which has the ability for you to restrict it specifically to one melee weapon and one gun. (Or, of course, someone else who specifically knows might respond after I do! ;) )
Thanks a lot! This sounds like it may work, I'll let you know if it works when i get a chance :LZYsmile: .

KageKazumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hello again! Just wanted to let you know that the method you provided me with worked! But now i have another problem. When the player presses shoot, i want the animation to be the same as if they were attacking with the gun equipped. Basically i want to do away with the guard animation and replace it with a shooting animation. Would another Yanfly plugin do the job? or would the same one work, and i just have to add more notetags?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

KageKazumi, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sounds like you only need to write some action sequence skills, and then add a note of <Replace Attack: x> to the weapon. If you need to add or delete commands, you can try AES_CommandControl an Actor Battle Commands

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Since I started in this world of make games, It's hard for me to enjoy playing a game. It's like, coding and make it work, sounds like I'm playing and have fun o_O
Not sure if it's true (and I won't judge or blame anyone if it is, really), but I heard from confident sources that you guys (and girls) really really like to
How is this new year for everyone? Hope you are well. Still deep in Covid in the US. Its like a vampire and refuses to die with even more strains. I need some holy water to kill it with.
in my game, what's known as HeadSpace is combining with the real world...
oh looks like the forums updated while I wasn't looking and we can put a banner now. Neat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TransDiv