How would I use a script call to draw a picture that is the specified actor's face?

Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So how would I use

screen.pictures[index].show(file_name, upperleft/center, x, y, x zoom, y zoom, opacity, blend type)

in a script to show the specified actors face as the picture?

I really need this as I have a character creator and the conditional branches would be insane would I have to do this manually...

Is there a way to use the actors face instead of inputing a filename? Thanks for the help.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you actually HAVE the actors' faces as individual pictures, in the Pictures folder? How are they named?

Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes I have all the actors faces as well as all 512 combinations for the main player. The other actors are known as John.png or whatever but the ones for the main player are for example Boy_2_BLO_W_BLA.png (Gender, hair style, hair colour, skin colour, eye colour) so I need some way to just use the graphic already assigned to the actor, as the character creator event will set the chosen graphic combination as the actor's face.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you need to build the string that's going to decide which of those faces to use, and then use that in the script call to specify the file name.

Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, thanks for your help. How would I go about doing that? I'm pretty n00b at scripting…

Could I just use Draw_actor_face instead? When I try that I can't get it to work, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
draw_actor_face is a Window method. You can use it if you're writing a script for a scene that uses windows. If you're just on the map and using events, then no.

Unless you copy that method into your Scene_Map class and call it there. But then it might not have the right setup (Window_* inherits from Window, which has contents and a bitmap, while Scene_Map doesn't).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yam655