How would start a event when in I have my character walk on the spot where it's placed?

Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm trying to trigger an event in my game if my character walks on that spot that I placed the event on it would trigger a cutscene then a a battle sequence how would I go about that? To be more specific in case someone doesn't understand what I'm trying to say. I want to be able to trigger a battle sequence after my Actor gives a few lines of dialogue, but before that, I want the event I place 3 tiles before the assigned battle process I made. How would I get the event that isn't the battle process event but the dialogue event to trigger automatically without me having to press Z in front of the spot I place the dialogue event at. Here are a few screen shots to help clarify.

Attachments

• Walk.PNG
    Walk.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Walk2.PNG
    Walk2.PNG
    113.8 KB · Views: 8

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set the trigger to Player Touch

What's going to happen if the player walks up the right or left side of the stairs instead of directly up the middle?

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set the trigger to Player Touch

What's going to happen if the player walks up the right or left side of the stairs instead of directly up the middle?
Shaz raises a good question!

Either you'll need to set two more player touch based events on the right and left sides of the stairs that lead your character to the same place,or change the stair or map shape in a way that makes it so a player has to touch the event simply because it's the only available tile.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manyattempts