Arisete™

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I honestly don't know if this should go under Resource Support since it's a graphic related thing, or Maker Specific since it's related to both, Event + Graphic.

So, I resized the Vehicles from the Old School Pack to fit MV since they were Optimized for:
B-RMVX-Ace.png

and now I've run into this problem:
ec3071973ae37986460d110e0a2664a6.gif

since the event is based on 48x48 but the Cars are larger. (Obviously we don't want small cars.)

The image is placed properly for the editor, but still has this issue.
c3a8c1b4a59ef52b45ba9216aa7526ca.png

4f4246fc99db273c83de9944519268b3.png

In this project, I'd have Cars driving along the roads, and they can stop when the player walks in front of them, or possible get hit by a Car. However, it would look weird if this remains as is.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, the collision area is defined by the tile grid - that is always the behaviour in case of larger sprites.

For fixed positions, there is already a plugin for large events that can make the event have multiple tiles as collision area, but if I remember correctly and no one updated that plugin, it has problems when used with moving events.

Arisete™

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, the collision area is defined by the tile grid - that is always the behaviour in case of larger sprites.

For fixed positions, there is already a plugin for large events that can make the event have multiple tiles as collision area, but if I remember correctly and no one updated that plugin, it has problems when used with moving events.
I just searched for a Collision plugin which directed me to a Script for VXAce called Quasi Movement which said it could have custom collisions, so I searched to see if it was made for MV and I found this: https://quxios.github.io/#/plugins/QMovement
Would this be what you're talking about? or something different? This allows for custom Collisions apparently.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, I'm talking about something else - search for "large events" instead

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackitrick